25 Years of Fire Emblem

Coaltergeist

Stuff is really piling up for me, and I have very little music time right now.. so I probably won't have an update for the check-in date.

Lol it's nbd; I'm swamped with finals right now. Once classes die down I'll be back trying to finish my song for this album, the one for Unleash the Alchemy, and trying to get Isaac from Golden Sun into Smash Brothers.

So far, we have representation from every sub-series except for the semi-obscure Genealogy/Thracia 776 sub-series. Personally I never got far into the fan-translation of Genealogy, but apparently it's the "best in the series". It isn't a big deal now, but if anyone knows any Fire Emblem fanatics that would like to participate, send them here :) .

Okay - I'd like to instead claim
from

What a bitchin' song!

I can probably have a WIP to you next week! Think I'll get my hands on a classical/flamenco guitar and do it

!

What a bitchin' song, indeed! I'd love to put you down!

And with that, we have representation from all sub-series! If anyone FINISHES their track and would like to work on a possible extra/bonus track, that would be a-ok :mrgreen: !

What a bitchin' song, indeed! I'd love to put you down!

And with that, we have representation from all sub-series! If anyone FINISHES their track and would like to work on a possible extra/bonus track, that would be a-ok :mrgreen: !

Hey so I was thinking about taking "Conquest" over for Chris and I may implement it into something, but I think a better decision to represent Awakening would be " - Purpose". Is it possible that we replace "Conquest" with that and I somehow implement "Conquest" into one of the two tracks? I really like the melody in "Conquest" and I'm trying to see how I could use it.

EDIT: Also, kinda got busy, haven't been able to start working on anything yet. Will try to have a rough WIP of "Prelude" to you by May 1. Gotta get another WIP of a Sonic remix done by that point too. :-P

Hey so I was thinking about taking "Conquest" over for Chris and I may implement it into something, but I think a better decision to represent Awakening would be " - Purpose". Is it possible that we replace "Conquest" with that and I somehow implement "Conquest" into one of the two tracks? I really like the melody in "Conquest" and I'm trying to see how I could use it.

EDIT: Also, kinda got busy, haven't been able to start working on anything yet. Will try to have a rough WIP of "Prelude" to you by May 1. Gotta get another WIP of a Sonic remix done by that point too. :-P

Hey, if you wanna work on Prelude/Id~Purpose/Conquest/any FE:A song, that's cool. I assume you're still doing Prelude for your first song? I know people have been busy lately, I've been studying for final and haven't had much chance to work on songs. Just get it to me whenever you can in the next couple of weeks.

Hey, if you wanna work on Prelude/Id~Purpose/Conquest/any FE:A song, that's cool. I assume you're still doing Prelude for your first song? I know people have been busy lately, I've been studying for final and haven't had much chance to work on songs. Just get it to me whenever you can in the next couple of weeks.

Yeah man, Prelude and Id - Purpose (and possibly get some Conquest in there but we'll see). And ok cool!

UPDATE: I updated the front page with a tentative calender of WIP dates. I talked with Angel a bit; in the upcoming weeks, I'm going to try to submit this project for official OCR status. As for the calender, I wouldn't stress over it too much. I'm think from what I've heard from everyone so far, December/January sounds doable. Just remember that May 1st is a few days away, just let me know how everything's coming along. Also remember that if you have ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL, feel free to PM me, or if you want to reach me quickly, email me at coaltergeist@gmail.com.

As for other parts of the album, we don't currently have any artists. Worst comes to worst, I know a guy that's usually really busy, but he MAY be able to help. I wouldn't hold out hope for him, but it's a possibility. And as for the OCR website, once again, worst comes to worst, I know a fair bit of HTML/CSS; I would like to get someone more professional, however. These things are not pressing matters, but they will need to be addressed. If you know anyone that would be able to/would want to help out, send them my way :mrgreen: !

That's all for now; just a few updates now that we have a "full" tracklist. Remember, more tracks are fine, just as long as someone who is not committed to a track volunteers. There's always the possibility for bonus tracks, too.

UPDATE: I updated the front page with a tentative calender of WIP dates. I talked with Angel a bit; in the upcoming weeks, I'm going to try to submit this project for official OCR status. As for the calender, I wouldn't stress over it too much. I'm think from what I've heard from everyone so far, December/January sounds doable. Just remember that May 1st is a few days away, just let me know how everything's coming along. Also remember that if you have ANY QUESTIONS AT ALL, feel free to PM me, or if you want to reach me quickly, email me at coaltergeist@gmail.com.

As for other parts of the album, we don't currently have any artists. Worst comes to worst, I know a guy that's usually really busy, but he MAY be able to help. I wouldn't hold out hope for him, but it's a possibility. And as for the OCR website, once again, worst comes to worst, I know a fair bit of HTML/CSS; I would like to get someone more professional, however. These things are not pressing matters, but they will need to be addressed. If you know anyone that would be able to/would want to help out, send them my way :mrgreen: !

That's all for now; just a few updates now that we have a "full" tracklist. Remember, more tracks are fine, just as long as someone who is not committed to a track volunteers. There's always the possibility for bonus tracks, too.

Awesome!

Also, on the topic of album art. I'd realllllly recommend getting someone who is as skilled as possible when the time comes. There is nothing worse than an album with quality music, but crap cover art or vice versa. 

Are you interested in more FE7 tracks? That game has a stellar soundtrack.

If the answer is yes, don't sign me in yet though, but count me as super interested haha.

I'm interested in more tracks. If they're from FE7, that's cool, but I want to try to have an even-ish amount of tracks from each game. Ie not 5 tracks from Awakening and Blazing Sword and only 1 from Stones.

PS if you want FE7 tracks to remix, look here.

PPS :^)

EDIT: Agh, the update broke my beautiful formatting on the front page... Also currently trying to figure out how to change the title of a thread. Found it lol.

So today is officially check-in day. It's 2 AM where I'm at, but I'll send my WIP for Crossing The Desert this evening. 

It's sounding pretty legit I dare say. For the finished version, I'll need live bass guitar and female, arabian-sounding vocals, but that can wait.

My body is ready, Angel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have an artist! I've been talking to someone, and he said he'd be willing to do some album art for us! We might need a separate person for the website, but we can probably reuse some art from the album/banners for the site. Give a warm welcome to AbsoluteZero!

In other news, I submitted the project for official OCR status at the beginning of May, and I'm hoping to hear back from the Mods about that soon. I've decided that we pretty much have a full tracklist, but if anyone else wants to do music for the album, I'll consider it; we can always do bonus disk material after all.

Its looking pretty good so far; I've been working on my song and I've been in touch with a programmer for the site, so get those WIPs ready for August 1st!

Once again, if anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me or email me at coaltergeist@gmail.com (PMs go straight to my email inbox anyways, you can just cut out the middle man :P ).

• 1 month later...

I'll def try to get my WIP updated by August 1st.

Yo. Haven't died, just haven't had any time to even get on here. I still care about this and will try as hard as I can to get something to you.

It's all good! Would have bumped a week or so ago to remind everyone, but I didn't want to triple-post. I'm gonna try to send a little update email to everyone tomorrow, try to get to know where everyone's at and show off the WIP of the cover art (it looks REALLY good so far :mrgreen:)! I've been EXTREMELY busy with work and school, still ok to get this done, though, so like I have said before, post here, PM me, or email me with any questions/comments you have.