OCR01494 - F-Zero "The Flood Plain"

djpretzel

Greater variation in the volume levels of notes would add to the reality of the piece. There's a lot of variation, but it's not entirely perfect, but it's pretty close.

Wait a second...

<JJT> i'm absolutely dumfounded that anyone could think that was sequenced

<JJT> i mean its not even in time

Yeah, sorry to bag, Tom, but there's just no way that even sounds sequenced. No way. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This is also a Great song at first I thought there was a pause in the music but i didn't hear the piano till now. Great job on this track.

Well actually... I'd like to point out something. 00:32 is where "the pause" starts, or rather, not a piano but a Sitar solo. I beleive it sounds very close to a Sitar. However I don't hear it change in chords, rather it's played as a percussion insturment with one tone. Reguardless, I beleive it sounds nice, rather I wished it was a little louder so people could hear it better. Otherwise it just sounds like one great big "pause".

I think the Piano you were referring to in "the pause" was the Sitar I speak of.

Well actually... I'd like to point out something. 00:32 is where "the pause" starts, or rather, not a piano but a Sitar solo. I beleive it sounds very close to a Sitar. However I don't hear it change in chords, rather it's played as a percussion insturment with one tone. Reguardless, I beleive it sounds nice, rather I wished it was a little louder so people could hear it better. Otherwise it just sounds like one great big "pause".

I think the Piano you were referring to in "the pause" was the Sitar I speak of.

I'm actually tapping the piano strings with my finger nails during that section. I do agree that I should have turned the volume up, but yeah, its not a Sitar. Close though. :)

I really enjoyed this piece, and, as a few have already commented, I'm not usually drawn to piano solos.

I found The Flood Plain to have a nice upbeat tempo and lots of neat syncopation.

I, myself, don't play piano and know nothing of it, so I didn't clue into any errors.

I really liked the "pause" for the tapping of the piano string. True, it was just barely audible, but I think that's one of the things that gave this piece it's depth and character, and enhanced the mood of the piece in its entirety.

-Jehy-

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow. This is really great. I've avoided checking the f-zero mixes in general for a long time, because I expected them to be fairly ordinary and unoriginal rock mixes. Boy, was I wrong.

The minor trips in a few places do stick out after listening to it a few times in a row, but at the same time they do serve to make it sound like a live performance.

The quiet section before the start of the main theme was really neat. The only negative is that I didn't hear it the first few times I listened to it because there were other noises around me.

Regardless, this is top quality stuff. You must download, especially if you like any of the piano mixes on the site.

• 3 months later...

I have been listening to this one for over a year, and it has grown on me. I had it marked as a 4-star for the longest time, but today I switched it to a 5-star, because I love every second of it.

It is rare when a song gets better and better and better, but this one does.

• 1 year later...

man this song is the shit! listened to it for like 200 times the first day i got it haha...

yeah im also wondering whether its possible to get the sheet music for it... plz plz plz!!

its just so good that i wanna just play piano until i drop dead lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Big Blue for solo piano? I can honestly say I didn't see it coming. Arrangement is awesome, way to build up tension early on for the theme with the plucking. I wish that section was a little louder, but the dynamic contrast worked out well in the end.

A flub here and there, but overall this was some very strong work. It definitely conveyed the intensity of racing, but with a completely different feel than the standard rock arrangements the source is accustomed to. I really enjoyed this, thanks. :-)

• 7 months later...

Another F-Zero piano arrangement. Some said it couldn't be done, but Jon said "NAY!" Once again, Jon brings the arrangement to the forefront and makes it very clear that this aspect of the remix is the most important aspect. The performance has great character to it that comes from the very well played parts as well as the slight mess ups here and there. This is the real deal; no programming here! I can hear how Jon's ability of the piano has increased since his first piano remix for Xenogears. Production quality of this piano on this one is a little different than the others. This one has a lot more high end in it that the others. It definitely gives it some great definition! Good work mate!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Years late, a re-link to this gem allows me the chance to write what I should have written years ago - that I've been listening to this mix for all that time. Wonderful, elegant interpretation of a really underused theme. A tremendous piece. Truly, thanks for all the enjoyment over that time.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01494 - F-Zero "The Flood Plain"
  • 2 years later...

This is my favorite version of Big Blue. I recently rediscovered a mixtape from 2007 that has this track on it, and hearing it again and tapping my fingers along to the rhythm brings me such joy. It's been so long since I've come to OCRemix, but I'm glad I found it again through this song. All the recent covers on youtube don't even come close to this arrangement. Timeless!