OCR03097 - 7th Saga 'Seven Songs for Seventh Saga: II. Water'

Liontamer

I don't even know the source material, and now I'm so happy I checked this out. I love the feel and the mixing of the cellos - what a fantastic sound. I was fascinated by the video too - the mix of being able to watch the actual performances and source notes was astounding!!

I am checking out the rest of this album!!

Nice drive in this one! I like the way the arrangement comes back to the main theme or "head" in the middle and in the end, giving the piece a good structure. The first two times the theme is played very affirmatively, the last time it's gentler.

Strong bass riff gives a good backbone for the two more melodic cellos to start dancing around each ofter after the main theme. After the second one, they're more together in playing a haunting melody. The last iteration of the main theme is more soft, before the ending, which is both strong and left hanging in the air.

Oh god yes, Cello! Much like DJP, I absolute love the Cello and I think it's a gorgeous instrument capable of the most beautiful sounds. The video showing the music sheet going along with the playing is something I haven't seen before myself, so I truly enjoyed following along with that, even if I can't read music for anything. Kudos for that. As for the song, a trio of Cellos playing a good combined tune of the Inn and Town D's tune from Seventh Saga is a treat, and when it ended, I went into "Aww! More!" mode. It's not even a short ReMix, but it was so good that I could listen to it for hours, that's how much I love it. Congratulations on this album, AeroZ!

• 8 months later...

Beautiful arrangement. The Water theme is well represented here, with the different variations of notes. It has a very particular and quiet atmosphere, but yet it feels energic. It's quite incredible what you can do with only one instrument. I must confess I overlooked a little the album when it came out, but I'll definitively burn a few copies for my family this Christmas.

I listen to this album way too much. This particular song is actually my favorite out of the set. It starts off really strong with the cellos played in unison, the harmonies throughout are glorious, and the chord in the ending is unexpected, which doesn’t always work well but in this case is really cool. Actually, until I looked at the writeup on this mix, I wasn’t aware that it was two separate combined sources. Maybe I’m just oblivious, but I’d like to think it points to an excellent arrangement. Magnificent!

Of all of the albums I have discovered here on OCR, I come back to this one surprisingly frequently. Hell, I haven't even played the source games, but I just love how much energy you've put into your performance! When I listen to solo pieces (or in this case, "duet"), I find that piano is usually one of the only ones that can hold my attention, but for some odd reason this is an exception. If I played cello I would immediately want to follow suit, that's for sure! Keep on doing great stuff like this and I might pick it up ;) .