OCR00594 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Mechanical Swamp"

orkybash

Hands down one of my favorite OC Remixes of all time. Now, the original melody is no slouch, and it definitely stands proud in this mix. I can't decide what I love the most here. The track has some amazing ethereal quality in its meandering nature that I love so much. Hearing the song come through distorted or piano... just all around awesome. This track could go on forever and I always find myself getting lost in it.

If there is a DKC2 album being made, I love you guys even more. Kong in Concert was effing awesome. (I loved Mine Cart Misadventure and Rare Reminiscene too, mad props)

• 9 months later...

Protricity has always been one of my favorite remixers since I've been coming to the site, and remixes like this one is why. I'll agree with some others by saying that this is probably his best mix. Starting out so smoothly with the SFX of crickets and bayou life to great piano/guitar sections. A very well done piece by Prot.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00594 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Mechanical Swamp"