OCR01497 - Eternal Champions "Perpetual Motion"

djpretzel

I never really expected an Eternal Champions remix, and I certainly never dreamed it would be this good. I remember way back I rented a copy of EC and loved its characters and storyline, but eventually forgot about it. Just after listening to this, I found a ROM--er, copy of it for the Sega/Mega CD and played with it. Xavier is the coolest character by far.

Back on topic, Zircon really did bring out the best of the Eternal Champion's theme. My mind's eye sees Perpetual Motion as a lighter "color" than the average OCRemix; clear bell tones and--I'm not as versed on instruments or music, so bear with me--the "flute-like" instrument that composes the lead adds to this perception, I guess. If you don't get what I mean by "lighter color", suffice it to say that Perpetual Motion sounds more like a cathedral than, say, a dance hall; if that's not clear, I'm probably a music-to-visual Synaesthetic, so I don't blame you for not understanding.

In short, it's very beautiful in a musical sense. I love all the remixes on this site, but I wish there were more like this one. Keep up the good work, Zircon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I, also, enjoy most the ending climax - very well constructed for maximum output. And while having never played the game, I have to admit that this piece has a very catchy melody.

I wonder about the name of the piece, though - discrete reference to SC Vanguard's 2006 show? Probably just a coincidence.

• 1 year later...

a fine song. at first I thought it was a little too simple with the lack of substantial harmonic development, but the mix of instruments is very stimulatory and tension (stress?) is well taken care of. For the evocative title's sake I think the beats are a little too sharp, but other than that, it is quite nice to listen to, even though it will not transform (or even modify) anyone's experience of music (do not get me wrong: not every song needs to, but many bring a hint of structures/ themes/ history or whatever with them; this one goes unremembered).

• 1 year later...

Great remix!!

I've come to enjoy your remixes as they are amazing to listen too!

This one still tops my list of top OCRemixes and I doubt it'll leave anytime soon. The best part is when you slow it down a few minutes in and pick it up back up. Very well done.

Keep up the amazing work.

• 4 months later...

Nice melody on this one, i'd have never heard it without Zircon remixing it, thanks dude! A cool neoclassical feel here, with some excellent timechanges and a crisp and powerful sound, it's a pretty good statement even with a limited sound palate. I do think a little bit of bass would help glue those drums in better early on, but most of the mix has a defined bottom end, so we're good I suppose. :-)

Nice work, this one has held up pretty well.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01497 - Eternal Champions "Perpetual Motion"