DarkeSword

Welcome to the New Forums!

176 posts in this topic

There's a weird problem with dates in searches. The dates for the latest posts shown on the right are often completely wrong, which causes them to be sorted incorrectly (the MK8 thread was really low in these searches despite actually having very recent posts containing the search term). It changes depending on the search location, too.

Search%20Probs_zpsobgqjawa.png

Both of the underlined dates refer to posts that contain the search term -- neither of which was posted by me. The search term also appears later in the thread, so neither of these were the most recent result. It seems to be grabbing the dates of random posts that contain the search term and then attributing them to the last person who posted in the thread (me, on April 25, with a post that does not contain the search term). 

Also, search terms are still required to have words over three letters...is that something we can fix? It's such a condescending feature. "Trust me, you won't get any useful results if you search for Wii U. You might as well search for the letter A. I'll just stop you from even trying."

Overall, though, I'm digging the new digs!

Making a note here that the Review Threads no longer link back to their respective remix pages

+ "YES" Judges Desicions

look like you can like your own post.  very funny. Also there are two 'location field' on the profile. One who display below the avatar and the 2nd one that loook like a remnant of the old profile.

The [thread=40687]thread[/thread] BB code tag apparently isn't supported.  The actual thread numbers seem to have been retained, though.  Testing to see if the post tag is also broken: Edit: Guess it's not.

Sweet! Have to get used to it a bit but it looks like a big step forward. Great job guys!

Keep in mind, this isn't an upgrade of one version of the software to a newer version of the same software. This is a migration from one forum software package to an entirely different software package. Some things are going to just work differently.

Yeah, this is pretty sick. Loving the custom avatar option, the "like" button (I think), and the mobile version, for sure. Will take some getting used to, but should be worth it :D

Stylish.

Soooo much space. So much scrolling.

I miss the ability to login without having to click a login link.

So, question - why is the /forums/ url still technically running?  You can even log in (but you can't do anything once you log in, obviously).

Site looks pretty slick. Just a matter of getting used to all the new features and the look. This is fantastic.

Digging it so far! Seems like theres a lot of changes - going to need to take some time and really see what's new.

Wooow... I have a warning point from 2013 for insulting someone while talking about the PS4, and I have never been able to read that until the new forum....  :dstrbd: Now I look like some kind of forum criminal cause I got a warning point and everyone else has like 500 facebook likes, reinstagrams and twitter gold. 

How do I find the artist profile link? I use that ALL the time to listen to peoples' music when I click on their link and see their mixes

I noticed that sometimes, animated gifs used as persoanl avatars don't properly animate. They stick to the first frame on some pages, but will work fine on others. It may just be my end being dumb, but jut a heads up.

Also, I can use my old (as in ancient) animated avatar from, like... 1999. IT'S THAT OLD.

Animated avatars aren't really supported, because Invision makes a 100x100px copy of your User Picture for usage around the forums, and only uses your actual uploaded file on your profile page.