Welcome to the New Forums!

DarkeSword

Nope, only you can see that. But thanks for sharing! :razz:

OK look it was a long time ago, it was a different tine back then. I was a different man, more of a boy than a man. Now I am a man, which can be proved by my bills, property, and credit rating. 2013 may not seem that long ago but to some, it is a lifetime. And even yet for others, it is enough time for a life to truly begin.

That sounds like the summarization for a made for TV movie. Maybe on the Hallmark channel.

Anyway, having just used the mobile version of the forum, I see prior criticisms such as you have to manually hit next to get to the last page. It doesn't share the visual style of the site. But no complaint, I'm just glad it exists. Very nice work

• 3 weeks later...

Does IPB have a field for explaining a reason for editing a post like vBulletin did? It's really arbitrary but I was just looking for it just now, and sometimes it's just what you need to help clarify. Even if it's just to type in "just 'cuz" as the reason for editing. Although "I needed to explain a thing" is also fun to use.

I think this should go here. When you visit any mix page (I took my comment for "5 Minutes of Glory"), you may find something like this:

5yvlhf.jpg

I mean that all apostrophes and "<" symbols dissappear. They're displayed correctly in the mix threads, though. It was ok before the migration.

Yeah; ampersands as well.

I gorgot to mention quotes as well. This thing - †is displayed instead of them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 5/3/2015 at 1:16 AM, Dafydd said:

Is there a way to get back the old "raw" mode where I could see the actual code instead of this WYSIWYG editor? I need to be moving stuff around a lot, cutting quotes into smaller pieces and stuff, and this editor makes that a lot more difficult than it used to be (I really dislike WYSIWYG editors in general, but I actually have a good reason for it in this case)

Also, the mobile version (on Chrome, on Android) only gives me buttons for "Prev" and "Next", which, in a thread with 50+ pages, makes it really hard to navigate. A "First" and a "Last" button would be nice.

On 5/4/2015 at 2:12 AM, timaeus222 said:

You can click the upper left icon in the posting container. Leftmost, near "Font", "Size", etc. Might be better to have an Alt message for that.

I can no longer find an "upper left icon in the posting container". I haven't been around much lately, so I have no idea when this happened, but it's very inconvenient. Why would you remove a feature like that? :-(

11 hours ago, Dafydd said:

I can no longer find an "upper left icon in the posting container". I haven't been around much lately, so I have no idea when this happened, but it's very inconvenient. Why would you remove a feature like that? :-(

You click the icon in the upper-left that says 'Source'. That option's never been gone, though I will say, IPS preserving the formatting of what you paste into WYSIWYG can then make plain text formatting very cumbersome. :-)

1 hour ago, Liontamer said:

You click the icon in the upper-left that says 'Source'. That option's never been gone, though I will say, IPS preserving the formatting of what you paste into WYSIWYG can then make plain text formatting very cumbersome. :-)

Unless I'm missing something, I actually don't see that icon anymore either.

wsyiswgtextbox.PNG

49 minutes ago, DarkeSword said:

Source is an option only admins have. We'll have a conversation about editing options next staff meeting, see what we can figure out.

Unfortunately this option is intended for admins for a reason, and enabling it for all members would be unwise. IPS4 is more-or-less a WYSIWYG scenario, at least for the time being. The platform has been rapidly evolving; once it stabilizes and we begin to use it a bit more, it's possible a mod/add-on/plugin might make granting this type of editing to all users possible, but at the moment things are moving too quickly to pursue something like that, relative to our other goals, especially given the risks, some of which involve security.

1 hour ago, Liontamer said:

OK, so it turns out staff have special privs on that level. I do miss working with vBulletin code though. :'-(

So do I.  I used to save templates as plain text files; now the closest thing I can do is save as RTF.

I can't imagine why this would be a security issue, unless you have something like a [javascript] tag.  Seems odd.

9 hours ago, MindWanderer said:

So do I.  I used to save templates as plain text files; now the closest thing I can do is save as RTF.

I can't imagine why this would be a security issue, unless you have something like a [javascript] tag.  Seems odd.

Me too, I'm curious what it is that makes this a security issue. Thanks for getting back about it, though.

• 7 months later...