Sign in to follow this  
Liontamer

OCR03137 - FTL 'Faster Than Rock'

13 posts in this topic

Sick stuff. Very Chimp Spanner-esq, in a good way.
Maybe you could have cut off a bit of low end from the rhythm guitars to help clear up the mix since there are quite a few synths. Other than that its awesome lml

Oh snap another Canadian! Isn't Little V from Calgary? He's like an hour south of where I'm at. Love your work on Cinder's theme for the new KI! Also, this remix is killer!

Little V!!! I've been a huge fan of this man's epic metal covers for certain SK and Killer Instinct themes (can't stop listening to his cover of Hisako's theme and his work on Cinder is sweet) for a while now, and to see him appear on OCR a few months later is cool. As for the ReMix itself, it definitely follows his quality of playing and arranging, and this rocking metal arrangement is an awesome listen. Nice work, fella!

I am very glad to see FTL music being represented here now. I love FTL, and this theme is awesome by extension. Way to hit it right Little V! This is a very very good remix of the very very good soundtrack to a very very good game.

Yeah, some neat rock here -- even if the intro was calmer! The performance is excellent, especially with those crazy solos. The breakdown adds a lot of variation in the mix, and overall, it feels very fresh. Not as fast as the title suggest, but as cool as it can be! :)

This is a really cool, modern piece. Funnily enough, the melodic guitar parts in the middle (around 1:32) reminded me somehow of some more power ballad-esque Luna Sea pieces. :D (Or was it L'Arc en Ciel?) So, somehow, this remix has a bit of a nostalgic touch for me, while at the same time being very modern rock/metal.

Would certainly love to hear more of this stuff!

I really like this remix - the way the intro gradually shifts into the main theme. I liked it so much that I made a music video for it (Credit duly attributed) here: 

:D MAKE MORE FTL MUSIC REMIXES