Mega Man X8 Burn Rooster Stage(Jazz/Techno Remix) WIP

I like the chords you're using. The instruments though have little to no expression and reverb; the synth lead has no vibrato or variation in velocities, the piano has no variation in velocities or rhythm, the drums are on autopilot, and the bass pattern sounds copied and pasted. It's a good start, but there should be more attention to detail on the sequencing to make it more realistic and personalized, and the lack of reverb makes the piano, especially, sound more stiff.

(I'm not recommending, however, to put reverb on the bass)

I think it would help to re-read that reverb article I showed you earlier, and see if you can put it to use while practicing with a reverb plugin---putting something into practice pretty much requires actually using it, so... yeah.

I like the chords you're using. The instruments though have little to no expression and reverb; the synth lead has no vibrato or variation in velocities, the piano has no variation in velocities or rhythm, the drums are on autopilot, and the bass pattern sounds copied and pasted. It's a good start, but there should be more attention to detail on the sequencing to make it more realistic and personalized, and the lack of reverb makes the piano, especially, sound more stiff.

(I'm not recommending, however, to put reverb on the bass)

I think it would help to re-read that reverb article I showed you earlier, and see if you can put it to use while practicing with a reverb plugin---putting something into practice pretty much requires actually using it, so... yeah.

Thanks for the critique. I agree with you that the synth and piano melodies could probably use more reverb. I'll also try to add some variation to the bassline and fills to the drums to make them less stiff.