Games Arranged - Demon's Souls

Arrangement Name - Abandoned by God

Songs Arranged - Maiden Astraea

Game info -

Demon's Souls

Composers - Shunsuke Kida

Systems - Playstation 3

Comments:

Maiden Astraea is a very popular song for Souls fans and the character herself is one of the most interesting in the game. The original song has some cool polyrhythms and those are really fun to listen to. Like my last Demon's Souls remix I took a more cinematic approach and made it like a journey -- and a little more emotive! I have no idea why I decided to use a recorder during the build ups, that sound really got to me for some reason.

Slow and mesmerizing. Individual layers are skillfully developed.  A little incessance in the mid-range string/wind figure during the climactic sections. samples betray their sampled-ness. Overall your builds are bombin and I enjoyed vry much. Very nice blend of pizzicato and sustain articulations. Giving the meditative original a theatrical impression.

YES

• 1 month later...

The arrangement is structurally straightforward but slowed down nicely while presented with a more contemplative feel. The string work serving as an original countermeloody at 3:02 was too stiff, IMO, but otherwise Alex really nailed the cinematic approach. I also would have liked 3:30's section not to initially sound like a retread of 1:26's, but there was more intensity for the latter due to added part-writing, so it wasn't a big deal. The softness of 4:24's close was nicely crafted as well. Alex continues to demonstrate his ability to create emotional arrangements. Nice work!

YES

Your mix feels very cinematic. Great sound choices, everything is clear production wise, and things move along nicely. I perhaps would've liked to hear some more variation in the main melody, but you do use a bunch of accompaniment parts that do a decent enough job of making things feel different as the mix progresses. Source usage is clear.

YES

• 2 weeks later...