Duke Nukem II [E1M1 - Prison Break]

DOOM

This is the remix I've been waiitng for all my life. It rocks! :D

Hey there, thanks a lot!  I need to think of a way/place to make these things downloadable.  I'm barely able to get one of these out per week with my current work schedule.  If you have any other songs you'd like to see, I might be able to hammer it out.  :)

Hey there, thanks a lot!  I need to think of a way/place to make these things downloadable.  I'm barely able to get one of these out per week with my current work schedule.  If you have any other songs you'd like to see, I might be able to hammer it out.   :)

Soundcloud is popular and allows you to make the track downloadable!

Anyway, this is a cool spin on the theme. The 8th note power chord strumming w/melody over top style reminds me of 90s melodic death metal. Actually, at one point it sort of reminded me of Dark Tranquility's "Wonders at your feet".

If I had to be a nitpicking douche, I'd say that the lead guitar is a bit too narrow and sort of..."whiney" sounding? Some more delay might help? Other than that, the drums feel a bit left-heavy, mainly because the cymbals seem to be panned a bit more extreme in that direction and louder. 

Soundcloud is popular and allows you to make the track downloadable!

Anyway, this is a cool spin on the theme. The 8th note power chord strumming w/melody over top style reminds me of 90s melodic death metal. Actually, at one point it sort of reminded me of Dark Tranquility's "Wonders at your feet".

If I had to be a nitpicking douche, I'd say that the lead guitar is a bit too narrow and sort of..."whiney" sounding? Some more delay might help? Other than that, the drums feel a bit left-heavy, mainly because the cymbals seem to be panned a bit more extreme in that direction and louder. 

All that is quite possible.  I'm doing all this on cheap PC speakers at the moment.  However, at the end of the month I'll be putting my order in for my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and Yamaha HS5s.  It'll be a godsend!  

I tend to do extra panning with my cymbals in general and toms for a crazy stereo width spectrum - sometimes when I use too many of one cymbal it can get lopsided like that.  

Thanks for the comments!  I've got a Doom 64 one in the works at the moment.. and planning my next ones in advance.