OCR03153 - Final Fantasy VI & Fez "There's Nothing Like Flying"

Liontamer

So I must say that this mix seems all over the place - though reading about its origins makes it a lot more clear - and I have to say that its haphazard nature keeps me from truly enjoying a fully realized piece. Within that context, however, this thing is amazing, particularly 2:00-2:45 or so, where it's nothing but pure, unfiltered goodness. Wow that's a great section. I think my take on this mix is a lot like that - a lot of great sections that seem sort of haphazardly brought together. If this kind of wild arrangement can be this quality, I envision some great pieces in the future!

Let me rephrase the title - There's Nothing Like "There's Nothing Like Flying"! It's completly outstanding and unique piece of music with its own atmosphere. The airy 9-bit chips with EDM jam are very tasty. The build-up @ 1:06 is short but sweet. And the kickin' section @ 2:39  almost made me cry in joy. Yeah, this is another gem in the crown of B&R!

• 2 weeks later...

It's always fun to hear more chiptune tracks on OCR, and having this one from the Balance and Ruin album hit the front page is cool. I really enjoyed the "mega man" section and this would fit right into the world of retro soundtracks any day. Fantastic ReMix.

• 5 months later...

Some classic DDRKirby(ISQ) sounds and techniques being used here, I see! Complex, cheery 9-bit madness. Quite a few themes and melodies were combined throughout this one, and in my opinion, it all works really well! There are a couple iffy spots, I suppose, but when taken as a whole, this mix is one crazy ride. There’s some awesome music here, and all y’all need to hear it.

This one sounds very "happy". You cannot listen to this and not start dancing a little.  I guess the chiptune helps a lot and brings a nice vibe to the track. The overall mixing is maybe a bit too "high-pitched" and lacks some bass, but that's far from being a problem. Instead, it reinforces the flying atmosphere. The ending is a bit abrupt though. Liked it. :)

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03153 - Final Fantasy VI & Fez "There's Nothing Like Flying"