OCR03160 - Final Fantasy II "Grind My Crank"

Liontamer

Okay, first and foremost, I thought that this source tune, while cute, would NEVER support a full remix. And then this... this.... this. I want to mention that many of my songs I've downloaded from OCRemix that I ended up liking ended up being XPRTNovice, and I was like, 'who is this remixer'? So when I saw the name I knew I had to give it a try.

GOOD WORD EVERYONE, GIVE THIS A TRY.

I cannot impress enough the crazy feeling of - well, the writeup said it well - walking down a bazaar, then taking a wrong turn, getting drunk at a standing kiosk, and stumbling through the streets. It's so perfect. If this is what the artist created in 24 hours, they need to just do that more often.

Also, the ending. What a great, unique song. "I'll show ya a magic tower", indeed.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah, so charming... Each of Joe's mixes is always sort of small universe with its own atmosphere and flavors, and it doesn't matter whether it's a Spanish-themed tune or Pink Panter-ish jam or this... Words cannot express all the feelings, especially during the last minute when all the shit happens. It's simply crazy. And the ending... So neat. You showed us a magical song, Joe. Well done!

• 2 weeks later...

I can seriously picture a side alley of some Eastern European country with all sorts of bizarre stands and people. This is truly peculiar in the best way possible and I love how unique it is. The last minute with the live vocalizing was magical and I had a good laugh for how weirdly joyous this was. Always have a special place in my heart for mixes that explore and create a musical adventure like this one. Awesome ReMix.

• 4 months later...

Oh my. This is certainly different. There's a lot of cool stuff here. A lot of weird stuff as well - in a good way - but I’m especially liking that drunken tavern bit at the end. The singing is a bit off-key (as can be expected), which would drive the perfectionist side of me absolutely batty. You succeeded in pulling it off, though, so congratulations are certainly in order.

Magician's Tower: The Wizard's Waltz

For a game that never came to America, you sure took a lot of Freedom with the track, and I love it! It really captures the raucous-ness of a bar in a fantasy setting. And for the record, I think the drunken yelling is pretty cute, if not nonsensical towards the end. Great job overall! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03160 - Final Fantasy II "Grind My Crank"