Knight Rider Theme Cover

• 2 months later...

Shame that no one commented yet, because this is pretty good imo! I love how you captured the mood and the overall sonic impression of the original. The choice of synths and that archetypical snare (almost Judas Priest levels of reverb haha :D) ooze 80s flair. You really committed to the theme and created a mix that is very coherent - things really fall into place (instruments are separated well in the frequency spectrum), nothing hits the listener as unfitting. Playing is tight yet doesn't give off the impression that it was heavily edited to be so (that's just a personal thing, I like honest sounding recordings). Question: Am I right to believe that the bass is sampled?

Some nitpicky things about the rhythm guitars (sorry, that's just really important to me ;) ): I think they sound a bit muddy and uncharacteristic. Maybe try a little less distortion for more attack or boost (~ 2-3 dB) around a bit in the 1000-2000 Hz region to find and pronounce the characteristic frequencies of your instrument. Then again, not sure if that would make it collide with synths. Might I ask how you're recording your guitars, DI or mic?

Again, I really liked what I heard. I wish my mixes would sound as round (especially the low end) and overall euphonic as this.

Cheers :)