Chrono Cinematica- A Chrono Trigger Tribute Album (Kickstarter)

Sam Dillard

Hi everyone, just wanted to say the new Chrono Trigger album is now live on Kickstarter!

In the background of the video is 'Dreams Of The Virtuous' aka Schala's theme featured in the album, with a free downloadable full preview of the track on Soundcloud

https://soundcloud.com/samostudios/dreams-of-the-virtuous

The main function of the Kickstarter is to allow for physical printed albums alongside the wide digital release on August 1st! if you dig the soundtrack of Chrono Trigger, or like symphonic music or any of my previous work, please consider checking it out- all supporters get an early digital copy at the end of next month!  Thanks for listening! =)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/samostudios/chrono-cinematica-symphonic-chrono-trigger-tribute

Also feel free to check out the official Chrono Cinematica Website

And lots of music previews on the Facebook Fan Page

Looking forward to sharing this with y'all!

ccpostercd.png

How did I miss this?  <buys Metroid Cinematica>

I humbly suggest you link to the Loudr page for Metroid Cinematica, or your website for it, instead of iTunes.  I had to Google the album to find versions I could actually preview/buy.

Oh yeah, and pledged, too.  Over 33% in a day!

Well this is a no-brainer.  Metroid Cinematica was on repeat for about a week straight at release, and last played was... oh, yesterday.  What a coincidence.  Anyway, pledged, looking forward to the release, and how dare you tease me with promises of Zelda and Final Fantasy albums so far in advance?

How did I miss this?  <buys Metroid Cinematica>

I humbly suggest you link to the Loudr page for Metroid Cinematica, or your website for it, instead of iTunes.  I had to Google the album to find versions I could actually preview/buy.

Oh yeah, and pledged, too.  Over 33% in a day!

Haha, thank you, and you mean the link on the Kickstarter right?  That was just an arbitrary link really as most people are more familiar with iTunes than anything else, but yeah I should probably just link to the site for it, done!

Well this is a no-brainer.  Metroid Cinematica was on repeat for about a week straight at release, and last played was... oh, yesterday.  What a coincidence.  Anyway, pledged, looking forward to the release, and how dare you tease me with promises of Zelda and Final Fantasy albums so far in advance?

Awesome thanks!  Actually, Zelda was originally gonna come next after Metroid, but really... there is already so much well done orchestrated Zelda stuff out there, I preferred to go with CT since it doesn't quite get the same treatment.  But I did some music for the upcoming Castlevania album releasing soon here on OCR so maybe that will do in the meantime! XD

Frankly, there's a lot of good fan music (orchestrated and otherwise) for all these games; it's not like they're obscure cult favorites.  But every time "Orphan" plays in particular, my imagination goes nuts threading together a montage of Metroid history to fit with the music.  I don't want to sound trite, but in that sense many of MC's tracks are "more than just music."  So regardless of the game's popularity or musical fandom, I have extra excitement for your work.  I'll tide myself over between releases with missed gems such as Corrupted Souls, which I was unaware of until I revisited the Kickstarter page just now.

Neat... I'm a little concerned, though, Sam: even if the music is licensed, the funds raised via Kickstarter aren't part of that royalty arrangement.

When we worked with Square Enix, they made it very clear that kickstarter/fundraiser efforts were NOT covered under standard mechanical licensing - it's a different model.

Did you clear this with them?

How dare you tease me with promises of Zelda and Final Fantasy albums so far in advance?

Seriously though, I'm with Callas on this, especially now that Dave raised the point regarding monetary coverage of standard mechanical licensing. With all due respect, it would be better to wait until all licensing is secured before putting out promise teasers for future projects like these.

It was a joke on my part, not a complaint; I forgot the smiley and the </joke> tag.  Nothing wrong with drumming up a little interest in "what might be".  Lots of business promises never get fulfilled despite best intentions (some of them are never even intended to be fulfilled - personal experience in the software industry) and that's just the way it could go.  We can still hope for clear skies and smooth sailing while planning for rougher weather. ;)

Chipped in a little myself today after seeing the Crystalis and Chrono Cross stretch goals. I hesitated earlier because, like what djp was saying, it wasn't clear whether or not Square Enix gave the Kickstarter the green light. Hopefully everything's good on that front.

Another shameless bump for the Xenogears stretch goal.  (I swear I am not affiliated in any way with the artist, just very excited.)  When I think of pairing up the Xenogears EP with Humans + Gears, well, my heart does some wonderful but medically-concerning things.  Two thousand bucks to go, less than two weeks.  Hope this hasn't flown under anyone's radar here on OCR; I need my Mitsuda fix...

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to mention, there is a bit of time left for PayPal donations for printed CD's (for both Chrono Trigger and Metroid albums), for any who might be interested!  

Just check out http://samostudios.com/chronocinematica/  for more details, once the final order is placed that will pretty much wrap things up unless there are any extra discs leftover!