Mega Man X: The Sigma Fortress Remix Gauntlet 2015

DarkeSword

I could join an 8pm ET listening party for a little while. That sounds good.

Unrelated, Jason, how did you do the choir in your song? Did you, or someone, sing and record that or is there some crazy choir sample library out there? Was that Latin?

Jason was showing me this super-awesome choir plugin that he helped create (? don't quote me on that). From what I understand, it takes a single sample and makes it sound like there are multiple voices singing it in an echoey chamber like choirs are often in. 

Jason, maybe you could chime in and explain it slightly better? It sounds great!

Jason was showing me this super-awesome choir plugin that he helped create (? don't quote me on that). From what I understand, it takes a single sample and makes it sound like there are multiple voices singing it in an echoey chamber like choirs are often in. 

Jason, maybe you could chime in and explain it slightly better? It sounds great!

Thanks Beth! That sounds awesome! I guess I'm behind the times as I didn't even really realize there were *good* sounding vocal libraries, period. 

Darkesword this source you've picked man I mean what is its just CHORDS WHERE IS THE MELODY HOWAMISUPPOSETOFUSETHISWITHSLASHBEASTANDHAVEPEOPLE REALISEITSEVENTHERERAGECOMPLAININGLOL

This is one of the weeks you can just do whatever you want with your mix and claim that "this note" was from the other source theme :P

Good News! I've got my computer up and running again so I'll be remixing this week for my group. 

The source this week is giving me some HEAVY Metroid Prime vibes and seems to fit really well with Wheel Gator. I'm pumped

I was going to ask what the HECK happened to you and Dustin? I was hoping you guys didn't drop out of the compo :(

I was going to ask what the HECK happened to you and Dustin? I was hoping you guys didn't drop out of the compo :(

Yeah, my hard drive tanked on me the friday before I was supposed to submit last round. Lost a lotta stuff music wise and my FL plugins/samples aren't back to 100%, but I've got a good enough setup right now to manage a remix.

Darkesword this source you've picked man I mean what is its just CHORDS WHERE IS THE MELODY HOWAMISUPPOSETOFUSETHISWITHSLASHBEASTANDHAVEPEOPLE REALISEITSEVENTHERERAGECOMPLAININGLOL

I actually like this source a lot and wish it was my turn to mix =/

EDIT: on the upside, Usa is doing something amazing.  I'm blown away already by his wips for this round.  Hold on to your butts.

Reception to my track in the listening party was better than I expected. That makes me glad :)

I wanted the drums to be "thinner" to fit the sort of old prog rock mood of my track but I clearly could've done it better. That applies to all the mixing since I did it awfully quickly haha. When I first wrote the arrangement I planned to use chiptunes instead of guitars and stuff but my total ignorance about chiptunes forced me to change instrumentation on Saturday night so I couldn't ask Brostock or Hyruu to play. In any case, if either of you are interested in recording tracks for better sounding versions I'd be glad :D

The whole song is in 3/4 by the way, except for like 4 bars in the 2:30 transition that are in 4/4.

I'll be posting more detailed impressions later but I really liked the tracks this week. Lots of creativity and different styles. I particularly liked the first sections of Flex's track, super cool mood. I also enjoyed the crazy metal-whatever-genre-it-was song, the choir thing by Jason (I have no idea why you were so down on it haha) and timaeus' crazy glitch song. Neat use of the C/B/A# progression there.

Here's the listening party log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/93696675/sfrg_round4_party_log.txt

Thanks for joining everyone!

Went to checkout the chat and I can't get it just an Error(500) message  :( , Anorax said I should check it out. I'm off the grid for the next 10 days and using my phone for my internet connection, only 3Gb of data so I gotta make it last...on the upside I find myself not staying up till 3am watching endless YouTube and Netflix videos......so I got that going for me, which is nice