OCR03172 - Shovel Knight "Catch Me"

Gonna be honest, this makes me *really* want a Shovel Knight remix album. That game had a fantastic soundtrack and I know what I'm going to be playing tonight.

EDIT: Seriously, does nobody want to know what XPRTNovice could do with "Spin Ye Bottle"? Nobody?

Shovel Knight became my favorite game of the last five years easily last year when it came out and I've haven't been able to get enough yet. Can't wait for Plague of Shadows to come out soon. As for this ReMix, fantastic and emotionally beautiful is all I can think of. Shield Knight's theme was always a heartfelt jerker when put into context of the story, and this brings out the best parts of that emotion. The solemn piano, the powerful strings, and the calls to the main theme make this a terrific mix. Everyone talking about making an album out of this track or wanting to hear even more ReMixers tackle this soundtrack, count me in that camp.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Man, RoeTaKa has turned into one of those remixers that when a new remix drops, I hit 'Play' before I check out the game, song, or description. He is just crushing these emotive, powerful mixes over his last five or so submissions. For this one in particular, extra props for the feeling of the song on a long, slow, meaningful crescendo right to the end.

Fantastic!!

• 2 months later...

Yes, Shovel Knight! You really put a fantastic amount of emotion into what is easily the most emotional piece in the OST. I wanted to hear more of the main theme, but I feel that the little you used of it was still compelling. 

OCR needs more Shovel Knight.

Can't say this enough. Virt is the wor...t. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03172 - Shovel Knight "Catch Me"