Resident Evil 2 Remake Official

A-RoN

Loved RE1 and 2 but 2 was definitely my favorite entry in the series.  I'm cautiously optimistic about the remake.  It would be awesome to see more of RE2 but one thing the series has suffered from was the feeling of being completely lost in a building swarming with monsters while trying to figure out how to use the nonsensical puzzle pieces you have to progress.  While RE2 was certainly more linear than the first game if the remake is as bad as the series has been from RE4 on up i'll be disappointed.

Revelations was sort of step in the right direction for the series but no where near what it needed to be for fans of the originals like myself imo.

You sir deserve a spanking unlike anything the world has ever seen.

...elaborate :/

Assuming you were talking about what i said about the more recent games in the series... here's the formula for Re4-Re6.  Run down hallway/shoot enemy/open door  repeat for 20 hours.  I liked the games for what they were but they were not RE games. 

Part of the problem is that since the games went to a 3rd person over the shoulder action game, the tools/devices that the developers used to generate fear and anxiety in the player had to be thrown away.  The early Resident Evil games were great because no matter where their character was facing the player HAD to see the jump scare as it was intended and then watch as the monster closed in as they tried to run away. In RE4+ once you turn your back to anything you are unable to watch it close in on you which leads to back hits that just generate more frustration than fear. Now if the developers took the route that Slender did and tried to trick the players into looking at something before it attacked you, then it would have worked a lot better. In RE2 the tyrant entrances were some of my favorite moments and i can't see them working at all with the current design of the games. 

Also, this is probably just a pipe dream but If capcom really wanted to get in good with the fans they would release what was completed for Resident Evil 1.5 as an unlockable in the remake. Somehow it's making its rounds and i have no idea where to get it. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally broke down and got Revelations 2 and now I am extremely excited for the remake of RE2. After being underwhelmed with Revelations I figured revelations 2 was going to be more of the same when actually it's much closer to the return to form that people were accusing the first revelations of being. I've only played through the first 1.5 episodes but so far I love a lot of what I have seen.