OCR03192 - Final Fantasy VI "Gestahlian Sonata"

Liontamer

Expressive. Dark, yet with burgeoning hope. Alternatively light and powerful, the arrangement really shines at parts like 2:45-3:14 where themes interplay and meld beautifully.

I think my favorite part about this piece is how it slowly transitions from a sinister feel to one of resilence, mirroring the FF6 Terra story (as described by the remixer above). There's no sudden "aha!" moment where this occurs; the gradual sense of resolve really just keeps growing, highlighted by moments like 4:05 and 5:25 on.

An enjoyable, moving experience!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I’m a pianist myself, so I should think that I’m at least a little qualified to review this one. My opinion? It’s amazing! It flows very nicely, there’s plenty of variation in terms of volume and rhythm, and the arrangement itself is excellent. The sources weave in and out smoothly and gracefully, and I didn’t notice any jarring switches between them. Very lovely!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

The emotion in a solo piano ReMix is just as important to sounding great to me as the actual playing and arrangement of it, and luckily Rexy nails all three with amazing results. Everything flows together so cohesively and the switch-ups were pretty sweet and kept me interested for the whole ReMix, which is nice for a longer mix like this. Such a beautiful piece, good work Rexy!

• 10 months later...

I have been an avid listener of OCRemix for about a decade now. It is 95% of what I listen to in my car daily and the Balance and Ruin album is by far my favorite. So many wonderful gems to be had! And then there is this piece. This piece is somewhere in my top five from the entire host of things I've heard on OCRemix. This is one of those pieces that makes me want to BEG for piano sheets for it. So consider this me begging. I desperately want to learn this on the piano but I need sheets to learn as that is my limitation. Is such a request within the realm of possibility or does the arrangement of something like this not work in a way that produces a traditional score? 

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03192 - Final Fantasy VI "Gestahlian Sonata"
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...