OCR03195 - Final Fantasy VII "Make Who React Her"

Liontamer

That intro kinda irked me a bit with the stiff bells and piano, but it was short-lived, so that's aight. Nice dark, brooding soundscape there. Kinda wish the kick had more low end; feels too clicky but not thumpy enough, so Larry's not going all old-fart on us. ;) Snare almost makes it through but is just quiet. Rhythm guitars have a bit too much low-mids. The writing's great though; dissonant in the good way, a fittingly unsettling atmosphere, and pretty heavy guitar tones. Nice work!

I liked this song so much that I created a looped OGG version for FF7Music—a mod that let's you change the music in the PC version of FFVII.

When the song started playing in game, I thought I had made a mistake because, at first, it sounded just like the original... and then the guitar dropped in and I literally got goosebumps.

I especially love how you integrated all of the nuances of the song, especially the stuttering helicopter type sound that is iconic of this track. And you managed to do it without straying very far from the source material.

This is the third looping track I've made tonight, along with Final Ecstasy (OCR00063) and Every Story Begins with a Name (OCR01841). I'm planning on doing the whole game to make an awesome remixed soundtrack—playable in-game—in honor of the FFVII Remake announcement. If anyone wants a copy of my tracks, just let me know.

Man, this is what the terms 'heavy' and 'metal' were put together for in the first place. Old school power and some truly great attention to pace - the track luxuriates in delivering powerful notes but isn't ponderous, a really neat accomplishment - bring this song to an upper echelon of hardcore FF. No tricks here - just downright heavy and GREAT metal. Loved it.

• 3 months later...

I wasn't expecting metal by the intro, but I like this rendition. This track sounds very dark and heavy, the rhythm guitars are nicely mixed IMO. The lead+delay works wonders at the beginning. Some samples later on (choir? synth?) sound a little MIDI-ish, as do the drums at some points -- but who cares since the arrangement rocks? :) Nice effort! :)

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Brooding choir? Check. Evil electric guitar? Check. Hard hitting percussion? Check. Menacing breakdown followed by a killer solo? Damn straight! This is very much the definition of solid as all hell heavy metal and perhaps my favorite take on Mako Reactor that I've heard thus far. Yeah, sure, there are nitpicks to be had here and there and I personally wasn't a fan of the almost sudden end, even though it was built up properly the way most metal endings are after the solo, but all in all, this was a very kick ass ReMix and I quite liked it.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03195 - Final Fantasy VII "Make Who React Her"