OCR03203 - Donkey Kong Country 2 & 1 "Ocean Lanterns"

Liontamer

I can't remember all that's changed since I last heard it.... but this is GREAT! The past few years I've found myself saving mostly chill tracks from OCR, and this definitely ranks among my favorites. I think if everyone out there decided one evening to try making the most patient arrangement they could muster, they'd be surprised at how much awesomeness starts filling the spaces.

The breakdown at 1:09 is a good taste of change---got those Aquatic pads fading through me, then starting around 1:50.... such a good lead coming through with a bit less attack and more wobble, snares at half time.... then right back on track like it's nothing... and the stuff around 3:00... you just the right kind of tempered climax for the mood of the tune... 3:20 you did a great job of finding a good melody to draw things down.

And thanks for the pitch bended flute

• 2 months later...

Like Timaeus said, you really nailed the underwater/ocean atmosphere with this track. The sound design and choice of synths are very good, and they fit the theme. Excellent drum programming and choice of samples. The second part (or at least its beginning) felt a little darker than the first part, but the ending part fixed this. I really dig this one. More please! :)

Really love the mood created with this mix. It feels like you took the nature-ish sound of the source and turned it in to a far more shimmery, chill, calm, relaxing, etc. atmosphere. The production is definitely on point; everything seems to go just where it needs to go, no sounds seem out of place or jar out. Overall, a really high quality track that does everything it should be doing.

I also agree a lot with timaeus: those bell hits are sexy.

• 1 year later...

Just as beautiful as I would have hoped a mix of Aquatic Ambience and Forest Interlude would be. The bells and chimes where super pretty and had the perfect realistic depth to them. The section starting at about 2:44 was neat, I liked the tone shift with it being a bit darker while maintaining that wondrous underwater vibe. This is awesome, Emunator!

• 5 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03203 - Donkey Kong Country 2 & 1 "Ocean Lanterns"
  • 4 years later...