OCR03206 - Final Fantasy IX "Birth Under a Blue Light"

Liontamer

Gods, this is so metal it took me about 1:05 in to find the melody - I was too distracted by the metal - but once I did it was unmistakable. In some ways I'm happy it took me a bit, because then I was still around for 1:45-2:00 and the crazy faded-with-metal 3:15+ sections.

It's out there, it's a lot, but there's definitely some gems in here, even for non-metal fans. An impressive effort!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well this track certainly didn’t waste time with any build ups. It just wants to rock your brains out right out of the gates of Hell. What amazing solos this track has too. The piano part a little after the three minute mark was a little odd, but it was very brief, so I can forgive it. As djpretzel points out, this is unapologetically metal. I would be very inclined to agree with this statement.

• 1 year later...

Yeah, the whole notion of "this is very metal" pretty much sums it up for me. It's heavy, powerful, and brutal in a good way. The percussion was honestly the most enjoyable part of this ReMix for me. The various changes in the playing and direction of this mix was refreshing and kept things from getting stale, so major props for that. Impressive take on this tune, I'd say.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03206 - Final Fantasy IX "Birth Under a Blue Light"