OCR03209 - Final Fantasy IX "Ground Zero"

Liontamer

• 2 weeks later...

What a song!!! It's a crime that no one has replied on this remix - although I imagine most of the feedback is at the album level - but I still feel obligated to step up and mention this song by itself. This truly does an amazing job of putting your ear behind the melody, by which I mean the song's melody is right up in front of you but everything happening around it is astonishing and draws your attention. It's like being in a simple cart rolling down a simple track but the scenery and the surroundings keep changing and whirling and tilting and fading in and out. There are so many sections I love that it would be pointless to identify them because I'd just be doing the whole song!! What a unique, intriguing sound you've done here.

Man, this kind of remix just adds such range and quality to an album! Congratulations to the author -  huge success here!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The synth melody is very lucky it had such amazing and wonderful background synth work to support it. Cause without such support, the main melody would sound a little grating to me. So reading the previous reviews, and the description of the track, this could be considered both “light hearted” and “a little spooky.” I would say it falls under the “mysterious and haunting” category. Not a bad track. Definitely unlike a lot of the electronic mixes I’ve heard.

• 1 year later...

Really hearing the mysterious and whimsical tone of this one come through that 9-bit. Great cavernous effect from the synth and percussion. This is an interesting track with the layers playing along with each other, allowing the bits to be boosted by the piano and such. Nice ending as well, could see how it could have been a fade out, but it still ends on a full note, so it works either way. Not bad at all halc.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03209 - Final Fantasy IX "Ground Zero"