OCR03210 - Final Fantasy IX "Crystalline Tempest"

Liontamer

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, as soon as I heard that bonus high chord above the normal melody at 0:15 I knew I was in for something special. Ladies and gentlemen, give this song some time to develop and it will reward you. It's like being pulled slowly and inexorably into the dark night sky. Holy CRAP, 2:03 and beyond!!!!

Absolutely wonderful. Can this be epic when it's so quiet and non-blowing-your-ears-out? The answer is yes.... yes it can.

• 2 months later...

The intro has an incredible atmosphere. I really like the FX work on the harp -- it's super creepy/eerie and works wonders. The duduk (?) adds a mysterious vibe to the arrangement. And I love how it builds to the more epic second part. Nice arrangement, which is, as said by DimeTower, epic without needing to be bombastic! :)

Simply incredible - there's just thousands of tons of Prelude arrangements, but this one sticks out due to the artist's approach here. It's a really neat idea to create such a lush soundscape, filled with tension and mystery. I think this tune can perfectly fit Twinkle Park from Sonic Adventure, particulary the music of parts of Amy's stage inside the castle. Very good job here!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Okay, wow, that intro is neat with the effects on the first few notes. Almost sounded like it was played in reverse and normally at the same time.Then opening up into that gorgeous soundscape with the duduk, it just keeps building and building right until the very end. It's very cinematic, but instead of grand and adventurous like a lot of other ReMixes going for that feeling, this sounds very solemn and foreboding. Like real "moment of truth" stuff. Distortion, deception and chaos are perfect descriptions of this. I would say you could have even carried on with this ReMix for another minute or two and it wouldn't have overstayed it's welcome, it sound that full and powerful. Those whispering voices at the end was chilling and creepy as well, I love it! Solid mix.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03210 - Final Fantasy IX "Crystalline Tempest"