OCR03212 - Final Fantasy IX "Zero World"

Liontamer

• 2 weeks later...

This thing gets stronger and more rocking as it goes along. By 4 minutes in,

I understand that some people might not like the length, but man, if you ever want to set aside 10 minutes to just say to hell with the world and want to ROCK IT ALL OUT, though I should note some of my favorite parts of this are some of the slower adjustments (including the ending!!). It's wonderful!!

Major props to Fishy, who I had no idea could pull this kind of project together. WELL DONE SIR... you, and your efforts, have made many, many people who might never comment so happy. Many, many, many thanks.

• 2 months later...

How did I ever miss this? It’s awesome! It is a bit long, sure, but it stays interesting throughout so there’s really no need to complain. The writing has a ton of variation, but still manages to stay cohesive, so I don't see a problem there. Ludiotic’s voiceover works wonders for setting the mood. I didn’t expect it to return at the end, but it brought a smile to my face. Production was pretty solid, the guitars were rocking, and I really can't say that I have any complaints. I don’t often listen to this sort of music, but hey, if this song’s anything to go by, I might have to start. You nailed this one!

Intro backing sounds great. Love the slow section right after it; it really makes you imagine an empty world. I really like the mood changes 4:00-6:00. Changing things up after the following solo keeps the song fresh. Return of the half-time sounded nice. Cool stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

A very long rock/metal remix, cool! The intro reminds me of cheesy Rhapsody album intros, but it's fitting! Production is nice, I thought it was a little quiet though (even if it's metal). You have some cool variations between sections (like after 4:20 -- no pun intended -- or 5:40, or that creepy breakdown at 6:50) -- it's great. As always, the solo work is excellent. Super cool remix from Fishy \m/ :) \m/

• 1 year later...

While this remix is rather long, it's epic like a lengthy Dream Theater song and never boring. The metal riffing is tasty as fillet mignon and the monologue at the beginning gave me honest chills in the best way. Over all this is a great remix and like "Prancing Dad" shows what a long remix can do.

• 3 months later...

Good lord that demonic voice from Ludiotic at the beginning and the end! 8O Man, I really enjoyed that. Solid, well produced metal that sounds intense without being overly loud and noisy is great for the battle themes. The weird change-up around 4:30 was a nice touch to keep things chaotic and fresh before dropping right back into the fray. This is how you do a long, heavy, final battle ReMix. And the electric guitar work six minutes in and on had all the hype I could have asked for. The section seven minutes in was bizarre (in a good way) with the voices, but again, variation really helps with songs this long. Great album and great track, Fishy!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03212 - Final Fantasy IX "Zero World"