Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows

BardicKnowledge

The free new content for Shovel Knight is fantastic so far.  They completely reworked the campaign and didn't just make a character playable, but made a _context_ for why that character is playable.  As a result, the game feels fresh and fantastic in a way I wasn't expecting.

What are everyone else's impressions thus far?  And my record is four bomb jumps in a single leap :)

I'm still struggling to get a handle on Plague Knight's controls in all honesty, but I have only played through the Plains of Passage so far so I've got plenty of game left to get the hang of it. I keep screwing up the bomb jumps, mostly by not going in the direction I intend. I do like the changes that were made to the story to allow for Plague Knight to be the playable character. I hope the new music is made available soon.

You can get the new music on Bandcam: https://virt.bandcamp.com/album/shovel-knight-plague-of-shadows-ost

The Plague Knight story is more difficult but I'm starting to get the hang of jumping and such. I really like that it's a completely different style of play compared to working with Shovel Knight. The amount of new content is staggering!