Undertale --- Just... Anything from it.

Varkarrus

Undertale is a hella game with a hella chiptune soundtrack.

It's got some really damn good tracks in it. Enough I needed more link words. Which isn't a surprise, considering the game's creator.

With the exception of one pretty good arrangement (AFAIK).... there just isn't that many quality remixes of songs from the game. Which is a problem. I have a rule against putting video game OSTs straight up on my musical playlist. As awesome as a song is in-game, it doesn't have the same impact on a musical playlist when it's a 30 second loop with no proper ending. I LIVE for OCremix because of this.

So hopefully I convinced one of y'all to give remixing a song from here a go, and if I haven't, maybe one of y'all will play it, and then MAYBE remix a song a long time from now. That's my pitch, roll with it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ooh lah lah! It seems that since I've posted this, there have been a lot of remixes, both posted here, and just in general! Though, I'm still holding out on one being good enough to be submitted and subsequently make it past the all-judging ears of the OCRemix judges. :P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was contemplating a metal remix over Christmas, but learned that there's a guy who basically covered the whole soundtrack and has millions of views. I had a different vibe in mind (modern downtuned 7 string sound) and I would want to do an actual remix, not a cover, but it's basically bound to result in rip-off comments. Bit sadpanda right now.

Guy's named RichaadEB on Youtube. Kudos to him, both his playing and production are very tight (way better than what I could ever deliver). He absolutely deserves the recognition he's getting right now.

Yeah it's kind of hard to get past the "ugh, everything has already been done" feeling. Sometimes it's worth just trying though? Although it's frustrating that there's some Undertale stuff I did before the game exploded in popularity and it was overlooked at the time, and now that Undertale is a giant force to be reckoned with, other people are doing very similar things and getting a lot of recognition for it.

I think the most rational approach to take is to just do what you want, and ignore the haters. :)