** Shreddage 2 IBZ: An all-new 7-string electric guitar for rock & metal, now available! **

IBZ-832x227.png

Impact Soundworks proudly presents SHREDDAGE 2 IBZ, our latest and greatest virtual guitar for Kontakt and Kontakt Player!

IBZ features an all-new 7-string guitar drop tuned to G, recorded DI/clean with all key articulations. In total the library contains over 13,000 samples - over 50% more than our critically-acclaimed Shreddage 2! With this incredible sampling depth, combined with a brand new engine scripted from the ground up, you can truly create ultra-realistic rhythm and lead performances.

KEY LIBRARY FEATURES

* Pristine 16 & 24-bit samples of a legendary 7-string metal guitar

* Bright, biting and aggressive tone ideal for rock & metal playing

* Single notes, powerchords, up to 4x down and 4x up strokes per note

* Tuned to drop G - all frets sampled on all strings

* Sustains, staccatos, pinch squeals, harmonics, hammer-on & pull-off articulations

* Up to 6 layers of palm mutes per note (from super-tight to loose)

* True portamento slides, tremolo, pick/neck scrapes, fret noise + release sounds

DEMOS

NEW CUSTOM SCRIPT ENGINE

We've been listening to customer feedback for years and incorporated it into a completely redesigned and rescripted Kontakt engine offering more realism and flexibility than ever before.

* Much-improved visual fretboard, picking, and playing behavior

* New "Economy" picking mode

* Completely customizable keyswitches and special functions

* Articulations mappable to keyswitch, velocity, OR MIDI CC

* Powerchords now assignable as an articulation

* New "advanced" tab with tons of deep engine controls

* Double and quad-tracking, plus new stereo double-tracking from a single patch

* Built-in custom FX chain with amp/cab stack - no external plugins required

VIDEO OVERVIEW & DEMO WALKTHROUGH

PRICING & AVAILABILITY

Shreddage 2 IBZ is available at the introductory price of $99 for Shreddage 2 owners. It operates using the Shreddage 2 license, and so it DOES work in the free Kontakt Player!

If you don't own Shreddage 2, you can purchase IBZ for $119 - this too will work in the free Kontakt player. But hurry - intro pricing ends October 10th!

Read more and get Shreddage 2 IBZ here:

(Also, Nabeel here, check out my demo Blood Lunacy! A heavy harmonic and rhythmic original track inspired by my favorite prog metal band, Animals as Leaders)

Pretty slick! You guys have been killing it lately.

It's not something I'd invest in, on account of having irl guitars of course (though I did get the previous Shreddage because I was super curious to try sequencing guitars), but this is easily the best recommendation for any composer looking for an electric guitar VST. Power chords as an articulation and single-patch double-tracking are great ideas as well.

It's not a synth, it's a sample-based instrument.

I'm aware, sorry for the misnomer. I meant libraries actually.

Edit: Like I said, though, this is definitely the go to if you're using VSTs for rhythm guitars. I don't think I've heard one as accurate yet.

I haven't heard a better lead guitar, honestly. Second to Shreddage AFAIK and IMO is Evolution Electric Guitar Strawberry, and I think Shreddage trumps it on rock leads. Perhaps a really diverse demo on the flexibility of Shreddage 2X (which is very similar at least in the capability to play lead and obviously made by the same people) would be this.

I haven't heard a better lead guitar, honestly. Second to Shreddage AFAIK and IMO is Evolution Electric Guitar Strawberry, and I think Shreddage trumps it on rock leads.

I think Prominy's V-Metal is pretty decent in that regard.

Like I said, I haven't heard a library match the rhythm articulation in Shreddage really. I could just have a sensitive ear about the leads since my main instrument is guitar. :P

But this is a cool update. One of my friends uses Shreddage II a bit for prepros. I bet he'd love to see this update.

I think the leads on my "Ai wo Torimodose" demo hold up pretty favorably to the V-Metal demo there. It's all about pitch bends and vibrato mixed with portamento slides. Keep in mind though I'm also not a guitarist, unlike the guy who wrote that demo, so I might have missed a bit of the nuance in the playing/sequencing :-) 

(Also, IBZ is 1/3 the price...)

Maybe the best virtual guitar solo I've ever heard, done using IBZ :-)

https://soundcloud.com/isworks/shreddage-2-ibz-drums-revenant-by-brendon-williams-ft-brandon-morris

Yeah, no doubt!

This is basically the ultimate guitar. You never have to tune it, re-string it, set the intonation and you'd swear on Yngwie's grave it was a live performance.

Looking to eventually get an electric guitar library(once I've gotten a couple other important things out of the way) and this is looking pretty awesome! How would you say it compares to Orange Tree Sample's Evolution Strawberry?

Looking to eventually get an electric guitar library(once I've gotten a couple other important things out of the way) and this is looking pretty awesome! How would you say it compares to Orange Tree Sample's Evolution Strawberry?

I have both, but started with Shreddage so I might be a bit biased. Both are good, but I think Shreddage is easier to use; in Strawberry I tend to fiddle more. Strawberry does have strumming, which Shreddage doesn't have, and wrt. to articulations I think Shreddage is a bit more versatile. YMMV though.

• 2 months later...
On 10/10/2015 at 11:48 PM, Kat said:

I have both, but I found Shreddage easier to use AND more in-depth in its features. More flexible, more customizable... yeah. All-around, definitely better. Shreddage is more for hardcore rock/metal, but Strawberry is generally for the less-aggressive variations of rock/metal.