vBulletin Mobile Viewing Question

A-RoN

So recently I injured my back and tore a muscle in my leg and I'm having a hard time sitting for long periods of time in front of a desktop computer because of the pain. I'm currently on a work leave of absence and will be browsing and posting more often. Which leads me to this topic which may have possibly been posted before.

While lying down and resting I'm using my Samsung Galaxy to browse most of the forums I post and network in now but I can only view the whole site on OCR. I tried Forum Fiend but only get the same result. It could be the issue that vBulletin and Tapatalk APIs are a bad combination.

Is there a way to view a vbulletin powered forum (this one) on a Google Play app, or should I just suck it up and post when I can?

• 9 months later...

I may be one of the few who check the site on their phones but anyways. When surfing threads there are only two options for looking through multi page threads, "previous" and "next". This is bothersome on huge threads like the recent Sigma Fortress Remix Gauntlet, where you have 40 pages to poke through when you just want to go to the most current. I don't know if this can be addressed or if it's just a limitations of the forum software , either way I thought it was worth mentioning.

*title should say gripe. oops, wrote this on a phone.

I may be one of the few who check the site on their phones but anyways. When surfing threads there are only two options for looking through multi page threads, "previous" and "next". This is bothersome on huge threads like the recent Sigma Fortress Remix Gauntlet, where you have 40 pages to poke through when you just want to go to the most current. I don't know if this can be addressed or if it's just a limitations of the forum software , either way I thought it was worth mentioning.

*title should say gripe. oops, wrote this on a phone.

IPS 4.X is responsive, so the need for a separate mobile skin goes away. We'll be upgrading this year, and it will provide the foundation for many exciting new features that we've been promising for years, so I'm pretty psyched.

You can preview how it looks, more or less, @ https://community.invisionpower.com/topic/217868-the-world-cup-2006-thread/

You'll notice that on phones, you still get first / prev / next / last, BUT you can also click on the "Page X of X" and go directly to a specific page.

After we upgrade the forums, we'll also be upgrading the whole site to be responsive... that should also be this year, so it's going to be a very busy fourth quarter for yours truly! :)