Splatoon - Infiltrating Bowser's Ink Factory

mjanzen128

To be honest, I think I have completed it, but I wouldn't mind some opinions on that. What needs work, what's good / what's bad. Y'know, the basic stuff of what this forum category is all about. Have at it! Throw those punches! Let's hear 'em!

All of the sudden, Bowser has found a use for his old abandoned ink factory that helped Bowser Jr. wreak havoc all over Isle Delfino almost 15 years ago. Wow... fifteen years... has it been that long already?

The Inklings need a steady supply of ink. Who better to help with the Graffiti Wars than good ol' Bowser himself! Well, for any kind of havoc being wreaked, of course he'll be happy to lend a helping hand! And what of Bowser's son? When will he show up with his mysterious Shadow persona to help the Inklings, and perhaps once again, frame his one-time rival on the sun-drenched tropical paradise of Isle Delfino? Time will tell. You've kinda gotta wonder, though... is Bowser really in it to help the Inklings, or is his overall plan a little more evil. Perhaps he is planning to, one day, take over Inkopolis itself and force the Inklings to do his bidding.

I'm really terrible at judging pieces like this. Mostly because it's something I have very little experience producing, so take this for what it is, I'm probably just going to say something stupid, but these are my initial thoughts.

First off, the Splatoon soundtrack is awesome. And this mashup sounds awesome as well.  For the criticism, I'd say that the percussion seems a little high in the mix. Also, panning the snares to the far sides seems like a mistake to me. I feel it would sound a lot better with the percussion more centered and maybe play around with the panning of some of the melodic instruments. All and all though, it's a pretty great song, and I enjoyed it. =)