Arcadia Legends - History

Darkflamewolf

• 2 weeks later...

We're slowing getting the remainder of the tracks already claimed turned in bit by bit. However we still have 8 outstanding tracks that need claiming! We need to get some remixers on these so we can fully complete that last, third CD of the album and make this a fully 3-part album with enough material to fill out a bonus, fourth disc as well! We're so close to realizing this! If anyone knows of anyone who would be interested or at least collabing with you on a track, don't hesitate to bring them on board and let me know which of the unclaimed tracks you want! The ending goal is finally in sight! We just need those few who are basically done to finish up the judges polish critiques and send in a finished wav! 

2 hours ago, Kylok said:

Whoops, I haven't been checking this thread since I finished my track, but I can contribute some Ixa'Taka-esque vocal stuff if you're still going with that idea, @Garpocalypse!

awesome! just need some clips of various yelps over however many takes you care to do.  

If anyone else who is on the project has a mic and wants to join in then your welcome to do so!  I'm trying to get everyone on the album possible to perform for this track!

8 hours ago, TSori said:

I  can do a vocal take or  two for garpocalypse's mIx  as well this week.  How long does it need to be?

Literally just one or two yelp's.  If you can sustain a 5 minute long stereotypical native american wubba-wubba that's totally cool too but I'll probably only use a minute of it. 

Hey guys,

I've made some progress on my track but it has become clear that my production skills are woefully inadequate.  I could really use some help.    Ive got a finished arrangement and live recordings of some of the parts but pulling it together into a high quality mix is where I'm stuck.   If anyone is willing to help, send me a message!

• 2 weeks later...

It's with heavy heart I must release the claim on End Credits from @djg-music. I haven't been unable to contact him in over 8-ish months. I don't think he's gonna come back to finish the track. And it was basically done too! It had the final polish critiques from the judges and was just waiting for a final WAV version from him.... Well, either way, we're now back up to 9 tracks unclaimed and End Credits is now available for anyone to claim. :-/

Bright side: at 21 finished tracks, we're around 92 minutes worth of music - not counting the bonus material.

I am still updating the track list on post 1 and is current as of this morning. We're still looking for some final WIPs to send to our volunteer OCR judges for some polish critiques and some WIPs that have received critiques and just waiting on polish before we can call them good. In fact, we can get as many as 5 labeled green and complete if any of the above happens in a short amount of time, putting our track list ABOVE the 2 disc mark, meaning, we'd only be working on the final and third disc worth of music, in terms of numbers of tracks left to finish! With that, we have 5 left unclaimed that we still need doing! I know I got a promise from @Jason Covenant two years ago that he'd be willing to take THE LAST TRACK left open, didn't matter what it was, so I will be coming to collect on that promise! :D:P So technically, we have 4 tracks lefts to claim! We're almost to the finish line everyone. Let's try for a 2018 release! Wooo!!!

Oh yeah, and @TSori still needs someone to help him. He is struggling with the track and really wants assistance. Collab track please?

Great news! I'm trying to get a few remixers to finish up their polish critique changes on their pieces/tracks and we should have 5 more tracks done with the album, which puts us up to 26 finished tracks for the album! And if you'll notice, I replaced the Epilogue track from Disc 3, move Theme of Reflection from Disc 1 to Disc 3 and put Ophanin's Dungeon Cave track at the end of Disc 1. So that's going to be one more finished track for the album in hopefully a few weeks! We're nearing the end everyone. We have 4 more tracks left to claim! Let's get this finished for 2018! Woooo!!! :D

Hey everyone, 

So the unfortunate (or perhaps fortunate for someone) reality is that I have gotten incredibly busy, and I will not be able to give my track the time or attention it deserves/requires in the near future.   

However, I really don't want to see it die.  Not meaning to toot my own horn here at all, but I think it's a unique and fun take on the theme that is really worth exploring.   

If possible I'd like to hand it off to someone who would be willing to take what I have done, build on it, and finish it.   

My sales pitch/about the track

I rewrote Drachma's theme pretty liberally as a Korean indie/folk/pop  song in the style of the group OKDAL, with a trumpet as the lead.   It has a light-hearted, lazy flow to it.  The idea was that it was a soundtrack for drachma's nostalgic, rose-colored memories of sailing the skies with his family before they were killed.  To that end, the title is "Better Days"  or if you prefer the nod to it's Korean-Indie inspiration "더 좋은 날" (Better Days).  

I have done the arrangement and written a score of it. I have midi files as well.   The initial feedback I received was that the arrangement is a little thin in a couple places so there's some room in there for some more writing/additional instrumentation. It is however stylistically simple by definition, so there's not a whole lot more work to do there.  I would still be happy to record the trumpet and tin whistle parts for it.  Thankfully recording takes very little time,  it's production that eats up all my time.  The real meat of the work left to be done is production.  right now it is just sheet music, and a few raw recordings.  

If taking over this for me sounds like something anyone would be interested in let me know. I'd be happy to send you what I've done and explain my ideas for it, at which point it is in your hands to add your own creative spin and finish it off as you see fit!

I ask only that it be kept in the same general vein as originally intended, and that we credit it as collab.

Thanks. Hopefully someone who is looking for more to do will want to give this a go!         

Huzzah and Happy New Year everyone! Guess what? As of this morning, @pu_freak just submitted his finished track, which bumps us up to 24 tracks total out of 36. You know what this means? We are 2 CDs down of 3 CDs total of album music! We have only 12 more left to complete! Of those 12, 3 almost done, 2 being worked on, 3 awaiting word from their remixers for a WIP and 4 unclaimed. We are nearly there! Let's make this final push! 

With the go ahead from @djpretzel, I waited until their OCRemix Panel was complete this past Saturday at MAGFest where they would premiere this exclusive preview of this album: Arcadia Legends! Now that the MAGFest panel is over, it is time to unveil the trailer to the rest of you who didn't make it to MAGFest this year! Hopefully you all enjoy the sneak peek soundbytes in this trailer and get hyped. For those who were on the fence of contributing to it, guess what? We still got a few more tracks left to claim! By all means, shoot us a note and we can get things started! We're almost to the end!

Kudos to my co-director Modus for building off the base trailer I had created and making a fantastic version of it!

6 hours ago, Darkflamewolf said:

With the go ahead from @djpretzel, I waited until their OCRemix Panel was complete this past Saturday at MAGFest where they would premiere this exclusive preview of this album: Arcadia Legends! Now that the MAGFest panel is over, it is time to unveil the trailer to the rest of you who didn't make it to MAGFest this year! Hopefully you all enjoy the sneak peek soundbytes in this trailer and get hyped. For those who were on the fence of contributing to it, guess what? We still got a few more tracks left to claim! By all means, shoot us a note and we can get things started! We're almost to the end!

Kudos to my co-director Modus for building off the base trailer I had created and making a fantastic version of it!

Nice work on the trailer.  I'll admit I felt a giddy little thrill at hearing my track on it. 

10 hours ago, Darkflamewolf said:

Awesome trailer.  Everything sounds great and I'm really diggin' the artwork.  That's so cool that they showed this at MAGFest!

I've sent @Darkflamewolf a PM already, but I figure I'll post here too.

My childhood! I wish I discovered OCRemix much sooner, and joined this project near the beginning...

So, I like to think myself somewhat knowledgable in the art of mastering and audio production. Went to school and everything. So, I'd be interested in joining as a sound director, masterer, etc. Also, I know a little about sound engineering, so I may be able to help those who find their sample quality a little lacking.

Well, that's my pitch. If I'm something you guys might be looking for, I'd love the opportunity to join. 

I wouldn't mind claiming something too, if you guys wouldn't mind a very late entry.

• Liontamer changed the title to Arcadia Legends - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic