Call for Papers: Music and the Moving Image 2016

In case anyone has missed the link, here it is! http://steinhardt.nyu.edu/music/scoring/conference

The conference this year is focused on music editing, which at first might seem fairly removed from ludomusicology given how a sizeable percentage of game audio is sequenced, not scored (that is, written on sheet music).  I'd love to see somebody involved with Video Games Live discuss the difficulties in arranging music originally written in three or five voices for full orchestra, and how both expanding existing harmony parts and extrapolating new ones works.

As an aside, if you have any reason to be at this conference and can get there at all, it comes highly recommended from me. I have had nothing less than the time of my life every year I have attended.  I'd put it on par with MAGFest for quality of experience -- if you think you can fit in at an academic conference (e.g. you like talking about musical details, and love films/games) you will have a blast. 

Composers: this is the one to attend if you only ever go to one academic conference.