OCR03249 - Super Castlevania IV "The Harbinger of Death"

Liontamer

• 1 month later...

Really nice mix of orchestral and electronic elements. The arrangement is actually pretty varied, there is a lot going on, which demands the attention of the listener. That tempo change at 1:52 was very well done, i had to listen a few times to be really sure, ha ha.

That part from 2:08 - 2:35 was great too, although i noticed a bit a lack of bass in that section, but no big deal.

Nice take on one of the less popular sources, with spooky sounds, a detailed soundscape and tight production that makes you want to repeatedly hit the play button.

Ooh, very nice! The combination and feel you have going here is absolutely spot on! The percussion was well done, the wubs were sufficiently wubby, and the orchestral writing was definitely realistic enough. I mean, I’d have liked a bit more realism and perhaps something a bit fancier for the cello, but I’m more than happy to have this in my music library. And hey, the cello thing might just be personal preference. I like cellos. Sue me. I’ll admit, at first listen I wasn’t entirely sure how well the intro worked, but on a second and third run through, I can’t really imagine the song without it. Most impressive!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/2/2015 at 7:17 AM, Nostalvania said:

Really nice mix of orchestral and electronic elements. The arrangement is actually pretty varied, there is a lot going on, which demands the attention of the listener. That tempo change at 1:52 was very well done, i had to listen a few times to be really sure, ha ha.

That part from 2:08 - 2:35 was great too, although i noticed a bit a lack of bass in that section, but no big deal.

Nice take on one of the less popular sources, with spooky sounds, a detailed soundscape and tight production that makes you want to repeatedly hit the play button.

Thanks @Nostalvania, appreciate it! And yeah, that tempo change at 1:52 was pretty subtle! I went from 152 BPM to 144 BPM, and then after 2:35, I went back to 152 BPM. :lol:

On 12/2/2015 at 7:34 AM, Daniel Caton said:

Ooh, very nice! The combination and feel you have going here is absolutely spot on! The percussion was well done, the wubs were sufficiently wubby, and the orchestral writing was definitely realistic enough. I mean, I’d have liked a bit more realism and perhaps something a bit fancier for the cello, but I’m more than happy to have this in my music library. And hey, the cello thing might just be personal preference. I like cellos. Sue me. I’ll admit, at first listen I wasn’t entirely sure how well the intro worked, but on a second and third run through, I can’t really imagine the song without it. Most impressive!

The same to @Daniel Caton! I don't play cello, but I sing at my local church, and one day my director decided to take up a guest cellist for the day, and it was the first time I heard a cello up close. So I figured I'd put one in here. :P

Orchestrated music that’s blended with electronic music could not sound anymore dark and eerie than it does in this track. I loved the entire track, but 2:10 – 2:40 was phenomenal work. The “wub wub” transitions between each section of this track was incredible. It almost makes me fear the “wub wub" for when I hear it, I'm immediately anticipating a ferocious battle on the horizon.

Great sound synthesis here, as expected. That intro is sick. Aside from the electronics, great job blending orchestral instruments in. The drop section is some seriously creative writing. The beat-focused section felt like an odd way to climax things, but great mix anyways.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03249 - Super Castlevania IV "The Harbinger of Death"
  • 1 month later...

I got a huge feeling of old-school Sci-Fi vibes from the intro right before it breaks into more of an action piece. Plenty of creepiness to go around at around 1:28, with the chimes and strings at work, which works so well to bridge together the more vicious wubs and the drop. Good ending as well, never a bad choice to end with an evil laugh. Definitely one of my favorite tracks off Vampire Variations 3.