OCRI-0006 - Vampire Variations: A Musical Tribute to Castlevania

Liontamer

It is with an immense pleasure and honour that I am able to present to you Vampire Variations: A Musical Tribute to Castlevania.

Vampire Variations was created to celebrate the twenty-fifth anniversary of Konami's landmark series, Castlevania. Twenty musicians to arrange the mythic soundtrack of the original NES game that started it all. Andrew Warwick as visual artist to recreate the unique atmosphere of the demon's lair known as Castlevania. A wide variety of musical genres going from rock and orchestral to jazz and electronic music, including various references to other titles from the series.

It has been a true honour and a privilege to create, direct, and contribute to a such project. I would like to thank everyone who supported this venture, and to all people involved be they musician or visual artist.

Now, be prepared for an Aria of Sorrow, a desperate Rondo of Blood to this Symphony of the Night! The Lord of Shadows rises from his grave and only one man can stop him...

...What a horrible night to have a curse!

-Alexandre "Chernabogue" Mourey

cover-vv1.jpg

• 1 month later...

General Overview:
This is a great album for anyone who was ever a fan of classic Castlevania music. I do have to add that if you don't like rock arrangements, this album might turn you off, as most of the album fits in the rock genre one way or another. But if you like rock arrangements and Castlevania music, then you'll REALLY like this album. A little more than half of the tracks on the album I listened to all the way through. Less than half of the album was skipped because it wasn't for me. Not gonna say which tracks I skipped, but there was definitely more than enough content on this album to keep me satisfied till the end.

Album Strengths (AKA Personal Favs):
Track 3: Swamp Ripples (Stalker) by Viking Guitar
Very Metallica inspired. So elegant, yet intense.

Track 7: Vampire's Kiss (Vampire Killer) by Brandon Strader
Great guitar work with clever integration of voice samples. I especially love the combination of voice sample and guitar at the 1:21 mark.

Track 9: The Gate of Nightmares (Medley) by BONKERS feat. Viking Guitar
I would absolutely love to see this performed live. It's just so wonderful, and fun with seamless transitions in between each section of the medley.

Track 10: Underground Pulse (Underground) by Chernabogue
Nothing but percussion instruments here. And the way they were performed is so uniform and interesting. Each percussion instrument used in this track was used very wisely.

Track 11: Of Whips and Strings (Medley) by Super Guitar Bros.
Two acoustic guitars creating six minutes of pure, simple Castlevania goodness. Absolutely incredible medley. 

Track 16: Edge of Darkness (Walking on the Edge) by The Dual Dragons
I'm amazed that this is an arrangement of level BGM, because it sounds like an incredible and intense boss fight is going on when I hear this. 

• 1 year later...

I know this is an older album, but track #17, "17 Omigadrive feat. Viking Guitar - Veneficus Mens Mentis - Variations on a Theme of Simon (Poison Mind, Simon Belmont's Theme)", in Vampire Variations Volume I Torrent there is a .FLA format in the FLAC folder and an .MP3 in the MP3 folder rather than .flac as the rest in the FLAC folder and .MP3 rather than .mp3 as the rest in the MP3 folder. This makes it unable to play it while it is opened the rest of the folder in VLC Player. I can still open and play it individually, just not when bulk opening the folder into VLC Player. Any tips or help as to fix this? An amazing album by the way!

It could be because the filename was too long, which may have made it get truncated or altered after you downloaded it. I'm not sure if you're using Windows and your Windows Explorer hides file extensions, but if so and you're using Windows 10, open the album's folder, do View > Options > View folder and search options > Click the "View" tab > uncheck the box that says "Hide extensions for known known file types" > click "Apply" button, then you should be able to correct the extensions of the files to lowercase ".flac" and ".mp3". Let me know if I'm misunderstanding your issue though.

Um, I have no idea why, but that somehow worked and I am now able to play it. Thank you! I am quite the fan of this whole site and its operations. If I run into anything else in the torrents or anything else I'll be sure to report it. Thank you for your time and for the music. I'll just go back to listening to the music now. :-P