OCR03252 - Final Fantasy VII "How Many Heavens Are There?"

djpretzel

• 4 weeks later...

HOW MANY EARGASMS ARE THERE

Seriously though, this has got to be one of my favorite mixes/tracks/songs of all time. The instant the sax comes in at 1:10, the goosebumps begin and don't stop until it's over. Smooth, luscious, and beautiful - I need to learn to play sax like that.

One. No, hang on. Carry the five… All mathematical calculations pertaining to glorious abodes aside, I think it’s safe to say that at least some of them heavens have found their way into this song. It’s so over the top, but it’s still a beautiful - and listenable - song, which is no easy feat. It was interesting to hear how it influenced the formation of the OC Jazz Collective. I’m still waiting on their album release, but until then? This’ll do. This’ll definitely do.

I'm a big fan of what djp & Vig did with this theme and I've never thought that there can be an equally awesome treatment of original, but man... Then you get this remix. And it's unapologetically smooth. The sax performaces are pretty tight and the other instrmentation create a very lush and ethreal accompaniment for it. Love this tune :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03252 - Final Fantasy VII "How Many Heavens Are There?"
  • 1 month later...