OCR03254 - Chrono Cross "Passing Through History"

Liontamer

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I'm loving the sinister atmosphere here. The metallic, digital, granular sounds are really cool too. I thought this did have solid pacing. Might be difficult to "get" for the non-detail-oriented person, but the effort shows in getting this to sound the way it does. 3:38 - 4:20 was a highlight for me. This is definitely worth repeat listens to understand what's going on. Check it out already!

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh, I like the mysterious vibes. And conspiracy theories with a cool accent! Length for length’s sake isn’t a great idea, but in this case the song is continually developing through the 8 minutes, and I think it really would be detrimental to remove any specific part. Interestingly enough, the song is constantly shifting and yet it has gives me the peculiar sensation that nothing has really changed. Not that it’s repetitive, mind you. It's just... curiouser and curiouser. Give it a listen!

• 4 weeks later...

I feel like I’m listening to the audio of a short story about the dragons and the machines plotting their grand schemes for the world. Almost like it goes back and forth between the dragons perspective, and the machines perspective. You have to be in the right frame of mind to fully appreciate this track. But it’s so worth the time as everything about this track works so well. It’s so mysterious, creepy, dark, and even a bit beautiful.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03254 - Chrono Cross "Passing Through History"
  • 1 month later...

Sounds almost like a futuristic jungle with the dark synth humming along with the tribal beat. I have to admit, the conspiracy voice samples added to the mysteriousness of it all and really helped keep this ReMix on track for all of the eight minutes it had, providing breaks and maybe adding narrative if a listener wanted to look at it that way, which makes it easier to get a picture in your head when listening to it. Always a plus when you can get imagery out of a song that also sounds great, so overall a fine ReMix indeed.

• 3 years later...