OCR03255 - Chrono Trigger "Coming Darkness"

Liontamer

WOW.

All the drum parts were live?!? The main theme is simultaneously easily recognizable and completely different from what I'm expecting?? Something originally cheery and airy can do metal??? I really can't believe how quality this remix is. The sliding from hard metal to quick, light pullbacks that ultimately all meet up in the last minute is nothing short of invigorating. What an exciting, unique accomplishment. I loved it.

Don't know how I missed the original post of this. So happy I went back and checked up on it. MAJOR props.

Yet another ReMix that reaches far and gets far! I love that metallic tonal drum---it gives a meditative feel, which kind of lulls you into a suspended state before the rock gradually comes in. I personally thought the acoustic kit was fairly lacking in low end in the fuller parts, and maybe some more soul could have been put into the lead guitar (gimme some vibrah toe!). Still, this is really stand-out. Great job!

WOW.

All the drum parts were live?!? The main theme is simultaneously easily recognizable and completely different from what I'm expecting?? Something originally cheery and airy can do metal??? I really can't believe how quality this remix is. The sliding from hard metal to quick, light pullbacks that ultimately all meet up in the last minute is nothing short of invigorating. What an exciting, unique accomplishment. I loved it.

Don't know how I missed the original post of this. So happy I went back and checked up on it. MAJOR props.

To clarify: the tank drum parts were live; the rest of the drums were not

• 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03255 - Chrono Trigger "Coming Darkness"
  • 1 month later...

This was awesome even before the guitar hit, and the drums were on point the whole time! If there is one thing that I have been appreciating more in the past year or so, it's the combination of ethnic sounding themes and harder rock, so hearing the Millennial Fair and some Schala and Magnus in this heavy hitting Middle Eastern style was a treat. Loved every bit of this, you guys made a fantastic ReMix here.