30 Second Song Challenge

AngelCityOutlaw

So this company has a contest going on where you have to from one of five or so pictures and write a 30 second piece of music to it. I chose the nightclub, but did something other than 4 on the floor dance.

Check it out!

https://soundcloud.com/angelcityoutlaw/adamaudio-nightclub-30-second-song-challenge-big-beat

EDIT: FUCK WRONG FORUM. How did I manage this after being on the site so long?

I dug the rhythmic cut in the guitar at 0:19 a lot.  

I'm going to give this thing a shot myself! Those special edition monitors look pretty sweet.  Does it seem skewed to the people who enter earlier?  The audience favorite award goes by how many likes it has.  Which seems questionable to me.  

The audience favorite definitely depends on how many followers you have on soundcloud above all else, but I wouldn't say the contest in general is skewed.

The deadline is the 30th, but Dec. 10th is when they'll announce the winner, which I'd take from that to mean they are probably waiting until the cutoff before going through all the entries individually. Which, when the only way to "submit" a track is via tags, is the only way to make sure that no tracks are missed.

Very nice, and a bit different from most of the others - speaking of which, that is an insane amount of submission they'll have to go through  :dstrbd:

...Might have to increase their workload by one more just for fun  ;-) Short stuff like this is always fun.

Thanks and it would be awesome if you enter! Big fan of your work, btw. Your remix of Juri's theme from back when is still one of my favorite VGM remixes!