• ReMixer name: DR.WELI
  • Email address: 
  • Userid: 49169
  • Artistid: 12355

Submission Information

• Name of game arranged: Megaman 4
  • Name of arrangement: 'Flight of Rock'
  • Name of individual song(s) arranged: Dr. Cossack Stage 2
  • Your own comments about the mix, for example the inspiration behind it, how it was made, etc:
    • I started making this remix over a year ago and finally had some time and determination to finish it. I must say, I've never spend this much time on any other track. And the experience was quite painful as I've got accustomed to using Ableton Live and I had to finish this with the good ol' FLStudio. Totally worth it though! I hope it pleases all you Megaman fans :) Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty classy amping up of the source, I am a bit disappointed you took the cool 'hot potato' section from the source and put it all into one synth, but it still sounds good. The variation of sounds is interesting, and the energy is used well, with nice drops. 

The drums are intense, the mixing is solid, and the energy is incredible. The other additions are really solid too, and the overall song arc is pretty satisfying. OVerall im feeling this a good deal. 

Yes

• 5 weeks later...

The core breakbeat felt like it was leaned on too much and was definitely repetitive for me by 1:26. I could also see some complaints about the lead synth needing variation on the sound, and would have liked to have heard some changeups with the lead sound. Melodically, I would have liked more interpretation, but the overall expansion of the source tune was handled nicely, like OA said, with strong energy. I thought the overall levels were too loud, but I'll just take my old man complaint and put it to the side. :-D

YES

The track is mastered within normal limits and nothing is clipping.  That said, Larry's comment about overall volume is valid and I suspect it sounds too loud because the leads are really loud, dry, and in-your-face.   I think I hear some good wubs way in the background but the lead and drums are crushing them totally (or, am I imagining them?).  The breakbeat does get repetitive, and I agree I'd love a lead change-up.  Even so, the arrangement is good, this is a fun track, I like it.

YES

• Chimpazilla changed the title to 2015/02/09 - (3Y) Mega Man 4 'Flight of Rock'

Gonna echo the crits on the levels.  It's both loud and has some heavier higher-end presence, which can be fatiguing after a while.  Also agreed that the main beat could use some more variation.  Personally, I'd lower the leads and beats a tad and bring up some of the lower end to anchor the track better.  What's here, though, is solid.  Good adaptation of the theme, and the overall production is pretty solid.

YES

• Chimpazilla changed the title to 2015/02/09 - (4Y) Mega Man 4 'Flight of Rock'