OCR03347 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Please, please make it rain...'

djpretzel

• ReMixer name: Benjaipod
  • email address: 
  • userid :51950
  • Name of arrangement: Please, please make it rain
  • Name of individual song(s) arranged: Song of Storms, Requiem of Spirit, Song of Time.

Composer: Koji Kondo
Game: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time 
Platform: Nintendo 64

Well, again, english is not my native lenguage so i hope i make myself clear xD. What can i say about this awesome game? The story, the music, the characters, everything... just simply amazing. I was lying in my bed playing my guitar, and suddendly i thought: "hey, this sounds like song of storms", so i went to my pc and started recording this acoustic version of this great, great song of this great, great game. This is kinda a sad tune, like a desperate cry to try to make it rain, really hard, maybe just to wash something away, wether feelings, pain, even the past.

I'd really like to keep writing about this, but is kinda difficult because english is not my native lenguage and i can't put together my ideas very well xD. Hope you like it!!

Wow that guitar sounds good.  The accompanying guitar is just enough to add interest but not sound too busy.  I would have preferred a little louder and more varied padding to fill out the soundscape, but what is here is lovely.  The rain sfx are tastefully used and not overdone (as it quite often is on this source!).  SoS does get a bit repetitive but you wove in the other two themes so subtly and added your own variation so it never gets stale.  Really nice track, simple and elegant.  It could stand to be mastered about 3db louder.  (OoT is one of MY favorite games, too. ;-) )

YES

• 1 month later...

Though not a dealbreaker at all, the melodic handling of SoS was repetitive, so I would have liked to have heard that go in some different, more varied directions. That said, the adaptation to guitar & transposition of the melody were melt-'em-up smoove. I agreed with Chimpa that the subtle original writing additions and two other OoT theme cameos ("Requiem of Spirit" from 1:53-2:03 & Ocarina 'Song of Time'" from 2:22-2:30) provided enough substance to help mitigate the repetition concerns. Beautiful job, Benjamín; after so many promising submissions that didn't make it, I'm glad to say welcome aboard! :-D

YES

• 2 weeks later...
  • OceansAndrew changed the title to 2015/04/10 - (3Y) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Please, please make it rain...'
  • 2 weeks later...

Moody, evocative performance. Song of Storms is such a melodically-flexible tune, and I’m always impressed by the different directions that remixers take it. Your guitar tone and overall cadence are very appropriate for the mood you’re aiming for, the deep bass notes carry a lot of emotional impact and the strings and rain sfx add some additional texture to complement your solo performance. Aside from some minimal performance sloppiness and some repetitiveness (that’s somewhat inherent in covering a 20 second-long source,) I think you did a wonderful job creating a simple, fresh, and satisfying arrangement. Welcome aboard!

YES