OCR03262 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Soggy Carousel"

djpretzel

If there was ever an artist on here who can put a smile on my face it's worldsbestgrandpa. I know this sounds hokey, but when I hear these remixes I feel like I'm sitting right next to worldsbestgrandpa, in a basement or on a street corner, just listening in with a huge grin on my face. The music just seems so welcoming, it's probably just the nature of the accordion....I really can describe it. I'm just a huge fan of immersive music and I hope worldsbestgrandpa sticks around!!!

Let's just praise worldsbestgrandpa for using such amazing yet rare (in VGM covers and mixes) as accoridion. It just makes me and my soul incredibly happy. With this instrument and a bit of creativity even the most popular source becomes fresh and just awesome. This track is a great example of how to turn the overpopular "Windmill Hut" into a nice folk piece of music AND not to make it dull. Bravo!

• 4 weeks later...

Hah, this is cool! The small changes you did to the melody are cute but also conflicting since I'm so used to the source haha.

There's not really much I can say about this TBH. Love the accordion and the backing instruments add a lot of charm. The change at 2:00 was also pretty cool, and it helps the mix differentiate more from the source.

World's best grandpa indeed! This was a pleasure to listen to. I tend to associate sounds with textures, and to me, each instrument in this arrangement seems to have its own fantastically rustic, earthy, slightly rusty and dusty feeling. The overall simplicity of the piece brings about an odd sense of nostalgia for me.

• 3 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03262 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Soggy Carousel"
  • 1 month later...

This is super fun, the accordion fits too damn well with the Windmill Hut that I would not be surprised if I was told that this was how it was meant to be played. WorldsBestGrandpa always had the best sounding folksy mixes that I'm fond of, considering that I've heard similar stuff around my family where I live for years. Great arrangement of a classic source, a certain download for me.