OCR03265 - Super Mario World "Koopa Reaper"

Liontamer

Despite his namesake, bLiNd has his eyes clearly on the prize with this one. There's something about the way bLiNd can wield the bass that causes it to resonate with every atom in the body, the grimy thud blend perfectly with the pumping bass. If this track deals in Kings and over which Kingdom they rule, bLiNd clears has sovereignty over the low end of the equalizer, where here reigns unchallenged and may he reign for 1000 years!!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, this sounds evil right from the beggining haha. I can imagine some pretty hardcore dancing along to this mix. I love how the bass synth plays the bass line from the source. I'm not sure if I'm fond of the few SFX used here though.

Being honest, I didn't feel the slap bass section much. Although it was nice to have a change of pace, I felt it broke the rhytm too much and for too long. I do like the use of the trumpet samples though. I'm far from an expert in electronic music so maybe this kind of breaks are common for the style though.

Overall, this is pretty good. I'm not a big fan of this kind of music but I can appreciate the things it does correctly.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03265 - Super Mario World "Koopa Reaper"
  • 1 month later...

The slap-bass section really works for Bowser's map to me, I almost think it matches to what it was attempting to be originally. The fact that you can pull this out of a source that was so short is a testament to your skills, and I'm digging this beat. Using the theme for Bowser showing up as a build back to the main part of the song after the break was cool. Not bad at all.