OC ReMix presents Super Cartography Bros.!

Liontamer

cover.jpg

OC ReMix Presents Super Cartography Bros.!

November 30, 2015

FAIRFAX, VA... OverClocked ReMix today released its 55th community arrangement album, Super Cartography Bros.. The album pays tribute to map themes from nine games in Nintendo's Super Mario series, and features 17 electronic tracks with an EDM focus. Accompanying the main "Radio Edit" version of the album are the "Club Edit" version, as well as a non-stop "DJ Mix" version edited by Aaron "Global-Trance" Wu. Super Cartography Bros. is directed by OC ReMixer and submissions judge Mike "Flexstyle" Birch, and is available for free download at http://cartography.ocremix.org.

Super Cartography Bros. includes a deep roster of 15 musicians tackling soundtracks ranging from Super Mario Bros. 3 for the original NES all the way to Super Mario 3D World for the Wii U. Super Cartography Bros. was made by fans, for fans, and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo; all original compositions are copyright their respective owners.

"EDM is a genre near and dear to my heart. Video game music is also near and dear to my heart," remarked director Michael Birch. "I've been wanting to direct a high-production-value album for OCR that combines these two things for quite a long time, so when DarkeSword posted his ideas in the forums, I knew this was going to be the project for me."

The album's cover artwork was designed by Maya "rnn" Petersen, who also created the art of For Everlasting Peace: 25 Years of Mega Man, OC ReMix's commercial album in partnership with Capcom. rnn has also been featured in UDON's series of video game tribute art books, including Mega Man Tribute.

OC ReMixer and submissions judge Shariq "DarkeSword" Ansari conceptualized the album, loving "the idea of OC ReMix putting out something that was proudly and unapologetically "techno.'" In noting OCR's growing acceptance of longer musical arrangements, Ansari added, "I really wanted to see artists explore and expand smaller source tunes into big, sprawling electronic epics. This album has turned into something that's so unbelievably fun to listen to."

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of video game music as an art form. Its primary focus is ocremix.org, a website featuring thousands of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans.

###

Dude that's a ton of work you did there. Awesome! (also I'm sorry for the all the extra work you had to do because of all the sources used in mine & Flexstyle's -.-)

I've had to revise SMW, YI and a few others, as well as add all you guys had for the rest of the source games. I try and make sure the whole game's soundtrack is cataloged, as it makes future edits easier. Most of the work was all the behind the scenes stuff on the soundtrack works. Thinking it over, most of the data I had entered actually didn't make it into the release. Adding relations in the actual release was straightforward once the supporting data was in. Also this year MB changed policies and more edits (new entities, most minor changes) are now auto-edits, which speeds up the process considerably.

Still, it is appreciated if any other existing editors or newly curious people would take a look and vote according to their conscience or make corrections of their own.