SSB Melee - My Final Destiny

NyxTheShield

Hmm... This seems a bit rough to be considered for a Mod Review / Eval. Remember, that tag signifies that you're ready to submit it, and you're looking for the final word from someone similar to the OCR judges. Just giving the heads up, here.

The overall track quality sounds... muffled. It's like most of the tracks have a heavy low pass on them, which affects their quality (especially that piano carrying the theme). You need to let some more highs through, to help give this a crisper sound. I think I hear a little clipping or overcompression in the piano portion, especially when the complimentary tracks come in alongside it. Watch out for that.

The drums sound a bit tame, when they're just playing the beat. The breaks and drops are really cool, but the running beat sounds plain. It's like it needs more hats, or sounds, or something. It just doesn't stand out enough, for me, as it is.

The ending kind of just... happens. Hopefully you have more in mind for this track, or have a more fulfilling ending in mind, for it.

Hope this helps :)

The overall track quality sounds... muffled. It's like most of the tracks have a heavy low pass on them, which affects their quality (especially that piano carrying the theme). You need to let some more highs through, to help give this a crisper sound. I think I hear a little clipping or overcompression in the piano portion, especially when the complimentary tracks come in alongside it. Watch out for that.

The drums sound a bit tame, when they're just playing the beat. The breaks and drops are really cool, but the running beat sounds plain. It's like it needs more hats, or sounds, or something. It just doesn't stand out enough, for me, as it is.

The ending kind of just... happens. Hopefully you have more in mind for this track, or have a more fulfilling ending in mind, for it.

Echoing most of this.  The mixing is rather poor with most things in the low register (bass, stabs, sine arp, piano, strings).  You have something playing through out that I can't put my finger on what it is or what's playing, it's mostly on the left channel (you can hear it more around 1:08 but it plays through out), it's sounds interesting but it also sounds buried in a low pass filter.

The drumloop does get stale after the first minute, you have the odd change up every now and then, but it's predominantly the same loop going on.  You can do so much more with it, add a ride in a section of the song, add one-shot effects in some places, change up the loop every 2 or 4 loops, get creative.

The ending I didn't really mind, though I find it curious that you have the original source play, or at least be some what audible at the end.

It's not bad, but the poor mixing and stale drums keeps this from being great.