OCR03270 - Pokémon Gold Version "New Horizons"

Liontamer

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to like this, but the tuning seems a bit off to me. It's nothing huge but, sadly, it bothers me a lot :sad:. For example, the backing guitar near 1:16 sounds pretty bad to me (and even worse if I play along on my keyboard).

Ignoring that issue, the arrangement is sweet. It has a very calm and pretty vibe. The electric lead sounds super bright, but it adds to the peaceful mood. Having vocals there was cool but they clash a bit with the guitars a few times (the tuning issue again).

• 2 weeks later...

The song makes me awake the feelings of my childhood and makes me a little bit sad because I remember this was make as a tribute to Satoru Iwata becuase now he's gone :(

Very good track, I really like the feeling that the vocals add to the song. If I had to say something bad about the song that would be sound around 2:10 - 2:13. But nothing special about the composition. Good job.

• 10 months later...

Pretty cool acoustic jam overall. There's nice warmth in the strumming which really grounds this piece. I like how sparse the instrumentation is, and how it gets a bit filled up towards the end, but not too much. There's a lot of reverb, which is an interesting stylistic choice with such a sparse instrumentation. I ultimately think I would've personally preferred a more intimate room sound.

The acoustic solo is quite meandering and a bit sloppy. I wasn't really able to get into it, that part feels like just a bunch of notes stuffed together to me. The electric lead was a nice addition to the tone. Some noises in the recording but that's ok.

Adding voice to the end was a really nice move. The tune has a warm, cozy & intimate feel and the little singing parts, especially doubling the melody really emphasizes that. The shaker is great too, as is the ending part overall!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03270 - Pokémon Gold Version "New Horizons"
  • 2 months later...

This is charming as all hell, especially the second half of the ReMix when you busted out the shaker and the vocalizations. Between the two second talking opening and the vocals, it had a very jammy live flavor, which is perfect for walking down the routes of Pokemon. If I had to nitpick, there were some points where something sounded off to me. I can't pinpoint if it was certain notes themselves or the tone, but it wasn't enough to take me completely out of the song. Not bad, a good tribute to Mr. Iwata.