OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues

Liontamer

Is it possible that the position of the string has moved on the page, and in some cases the change in position is conflicting with a browser's cache, causing it to disappear?

Are we saying the whole string or just the number? I honestly can see both, so it may just be a browser problem (or not).

You can move an object off the page for sure and it'll be as if it disappeared; it's possible, but the change in a string's positioning can't really 'conflict' with a browser's cache---it could be stuck on an old state, but not disappear "while it's moving" because I can't imagine how something could be stuck in between the change and the result. It really doesn't sound like what you meant at all. o.o; If the server-side cache didn't have time to update yet, it would be back at the old position, and you may just need to hold shift and press the refresh button on your browser to refresh the cache.

If the whole thing is gone, then I can only imagine it being the case on Internet Explorer, which doesn't appear to be causing problems on my side. IE has really glitchy response to CSS positioning if that's what's being used (position: relative/absolute; right: X px; top: Y px;). Sometimes Firefox, Chrome, etc. have the proper positioning, but then when you check it on IE, it's way off; I've gotten that a few times when I was designing an old gaming website.

Maybe the string's z-index is read as too low on certain system configs (That's a big stretch, because I can still click it)? If someone else gets it again, try pressing Ctrl+F and searching for "private messages:". See if it's even going to highlight that phrase.

Edited by timaeus222

• 1 month later...

Hi mods and site operators: I don't know what changes were made to the site recently, maybe a style sheet or something but the site does not display properly while using firefox. Please keep in mind that I am not trying to be a douche and may be the last person on the planet still using said browser. I just wanted to make it aware. Thanks for maintaining the most awesome site on the planet. Peace.

Edit: Tried on two different computers. Issue still occurs. Again it may be a non-issue as viewing the site in other browsers is no problem.

I got no idea what happened to your setups, but it looks fine to me, at least the homepage.

I just tried the homepage on FF 29, 30 and 31, and it loaded fine for me. Here's a shot from 31.0:

http://i.imgur.com/egJE7rF.png

Need more information and screenshots. What comp and OS? What version of FF? Which kinds of pages are loading incorrectly, the homepage? the forums? everything? Did you clear the cache on both comps?

TL;DR Thanks for not giving any actionable information. Help a brother out? :lol:

It is displaying just fine now. Sorry to bug you guys, I used to work IT so I know how it is. I just wanted to make the possibility aware but I am on the latest firefox right now and everything displays great. I'm sorry for bugging you folks. Please end thread.

• 4 weeks later...
The site looks fine (Chromium on Lubuntu, Chrome in Windows) and has always looked fine.

...what has always mystified me about this site is how somehow its design hasn't changed one bit since I first found you guys in 2007. :P

Actually, the site changed design substantially a few months ago, and there's still more to come! :)

Edited by timaeus222

• 1 month later...
Oh okay. So can I have my "Legacy" Co-Drector title then please? Thanks! :grin:

I notice this is still missing!

But what I came to report is that Time Traveller's Delight is missing the album sleeve from the ReMix page. This is a real issue in our household, as the three-year old wants to listen to music from Temporal Duality, but apparently will not believe it's a track from the album if the sleeve is not there.

But what I came to report is that Time Traveller's Delight is missing the album sleeve from the ReMix page. This is a real issue in our household, as the three-year old wants to listen to music from Temporal Duality, but apparently will not believe it's a track from the album if the sleeve is not there.

Thanks. All set!

• 4 weeks later...

Tried to find OCR00333, but I can't seem to find it. It was part of the Radical Dreamers floodpost of 2001 (OCR00325 to OCR00333) and is included in the torrent, so I thought it would have a remix page but alas, there is none. What's up with that?

Tried to find OCR00333, but I can't seem to find it. It was part of the Radical Dreamers floodpost of 2001 (OCR00325 to OCR00333) and is included in the torrent, so I thought it would have a remix page but alas, there is none. What's up with that?

That's because it was removed from the site during the Pre-OC01500 lockdown (see #67). It'll probably be removed from the torrent in the future as well

• Liontamer changed the title to OC ReMix connection not secure?
  • Liontamer locked this topic
  • DarkeSword locked and unpinned this topic