Liontamer

OverClocked ReMix Design ?'s and Issues

1,105 posts in this topic

Hey, that's awkward. It's back again? Though I really can't tell if it has moved since before it disappeared...

Hey, that's awkward. It's back again? Though I really can't tell if it has moved since before it disappeared...

It was just you, AFAIK.

I don't see it either.
What browser are you guys using? On Chrome for Linux, mine is present but moved to the left a bit. On Chrome for Android, mine is gone.

Chrome on Windows

I'm on Chrome for Windows (7) and I'm not having an issue. Is it visible in other browsers? Seems potentially difficult to replicate.

Typing this from Chrome on W7 x64, but it appears here just fine as well. Hard to replicate indeed :/

I'm on Chrome for Windows (7) and I'm not having an issue. Is it visible in other browsers? Seems potentially difficult to replicate.

No problems on Firefox, and it's there in the page source on Chrome, just not displaying:

<div class="smallfont" id="logininfo">

<!-- breadcrumb, login, pm info -->

<div class="smallfont">
<strong>Welcome, <a href="member.php?u=43292">hakstock</a>.</strong>.

<a href="private.php">Private Messages</a>: Unread 0, Total 220.

</div>

<!-- / breadcrumb, login, pm info -->
</div>

I don't see it either. Win8 Pro x64, Chrome, at my usual zoom level (175%).

EDIT: Changing the zoom level makes no difference.

EDIT2: Cleared the page cache (by pressing ctrl+F5) and it's reappeared, in the slightly modified spot. Try that, guys.

Started working for me, even though I didn't do anything o_O

Looks fine to me. I'm on Chrome on Windows 7 as well.

It's gone for me too...

Edit: Showing up on Internet Explorer, but not on Chrome. I'm also on Windows 7.

Second Edit: It's back! Maybe logging into my account in another browser somehow fixed it?

Edited by Kuolema

Is it possible that the position of the string has moved on the page, and in some cases the change in position is conflicting with a browser's cache, causing it to disappear?

Is it possible that the position of the string has moved on the page, and in some cases the change in position is conflicting with a browser's cache, causing it to disappear?

Are we saying the whole string or just the number? I honestly can see both, so it may just be a browser problem (or not).

You can move an object off the page for sure and it'll be as if it disappeared; it's possible, but the change in a string's positioning can't really 'conflict' with a browser's cache---it could be stuck on an old state, but not disappear "while it's moving" because I can't imagine how something could be stuck in between the change and the result. It really doesn't sound like what you meant at all. o.o; If the server-side cache didn't have time to update yet, it would be back at the old position, and you may just need to hold shift and press the refresh button on your browser to refresh the cache.

If the whole thing is gone, then I can only imagine it being the case on Internet Explorer, which doesn't appear to be causing problems on my side. IE has really glitchy response to CSS positioning if that's what's being used (position: relative/absolute; right: X px; top: Y px;). Sometimes Firefox, Chrome, etc. have the proper positioning, but then when you check it on IE, it's way off; I've gotten that a few times when I was designing an old gaming website.

Maybe the string's z-index is read as too low on certain system configs (That's a big stretch, because I can still click it)? If someone else gets it again, try pressing Ctrl+F and searching for "private messages:". See if it's even going to highlight that phrase.

Edited by timaeus222

I can confirm that the HTML & CSS were readjusted for the Patreon banner - should be fine if you clear cache. If anyone's seeing issues AFTER clearing cache, lemme know!

This link on the Portrait of a Plumber website gives a 404 error.

EDIT: Actually, all four mirrors for this single track do not work. Someone clearly doesn't want Tuberz track to be heard.

I was wondering how do we get the "titles" near the "real name" field, like "XXX Album Director" or "Judge". Do you add it manually or automatically?

I was wondering how do we get the "titles" near the "real name" field, like "XXX Album Director" or "Judge". Do you add it manually or automatically?

I add them.

I add them.

I'm guessing "Dark Lord of All" isn't a valid title? :tomatoface:

I'm guessing "Dark Lord of All" isn't a valid title? :tomatoface:

You'd have to take it up with old-school forumite JesusTheDarkLord. :-P

timaeus222 likes this

The site looks fine (Chromium on Lubuntu, Chrome in Windows) and has always looked fine.

...what has always mystified me about this site is how somehow its design hasn't changed one bit since I first found you guys in 2007. :P

The site looks fine (Chromium on Lubuntu, Chrome in Windows) and has always looked fine.

...what has always mystified me about this site is how somehow its design hasn't changed one bit since I first found you guys in 2007. :P

You should have found us in 2004. :-)

Actually, the site changed design substantially a few months ago, and there's still more to come! :)

Edited by timaeus222

I add them.

Oh okay. So can I have my "Legacy" Co-Drector title then please? Thanks! :grin: