Before buying music gear/software online, please read this

As many of you are aware, OverClocked ReMix is now hosted on its own dedicated server, paid for by ads, donations, and t-shirt sales.

Zzounds.com has an affiliate program where OCR earns a commission if a sale is made when someone comes to their site from ours. They also happen to have competitive prices and fast shipping - I've ordered two Audiophile 2496s and a Roland mixer from them personally, as well as my Rode NT1a microphone.

If you can find a lower price elsewhere, they'll match it - they have a lowest price guarantee that they take pretty seriously.

Bottom line is, if you're making a large music gear or software purchase, we're asking that you consider them, and if you end up using them, be sure to visit OCR first and get to their site via ours - we wouldn't be affiliating with them if we thought it would lose you money, but if you buy something through them, it helps support OverClocked ReMix, and everybody wins.

... and I ended up buying an Axiom 61, AKG C1000S, *and* pop filter.

Yay for impulse buying... BUT, I use my Radium 61 all the time, miss having aftertouch, and vastly prefer octave switch keys on the far left, wheels toward the front. Plus those trigger pads just look FUN.

C1000S can run on 9V battery instead of Phantom, which makes it flexible.

Alright, Dave, you better be happy. I just spent $1500 at zzounds today. Thats what, like $70 for you? Sheesh.

Indeed - quite a few microphones there, yo! $70 for us, really - I'm keeping extremely close watch on every last penny that comes in via donations, ads, or affiliate programs, and everything is being used for purposes directly related to OverClocked ReMix.

THANKS.

"KOMPLETE 3 Upgrade

NI-VERSARY Special Offer valid until September 10th.

Available to registered users of any one of the following products: KORE REAKTOR 4 or 5 GUITAR RIG 1 or 2 KONTAKT 1 or 2 And for registered users of two single NI products contained in NI KOMPLETE 3 (e.g. ABSYNTH 3 AND KOMPAKT).

Please note: If you purchase this KOMPLETE 3 NI-VERSARY Upgrade Offer as a user of REAKTOR 4/5, GUITAR RIG 1/2 or KONTAKT 1/2, KOMPLETE 3 must be activated until September 10th!

1,149.00 USD"

Above is the version info from the NI website on the Komplete 3 package listed in the link you posted http://www.zzounds.com/item--NINKOMPLETE2

In Doomsday's thread about this completely kick ass deal.

I'd love to buy this from zzsounds and on their website it says nothin about having to be a previous registered owner of other certain NI products to be able to purchase or use the Komplete 3 package they got for sale on that link.

Basically it boils down to this, if I buy this package off of zzsounds will I be able to use all the kick ass synths and instruments in this package even though I'm not a registered owner of any other NI instruments at the present moment?

yup this thing was sold out clear across the internet. Sorry djp, but zzsounds ran out of it. :cry: But luckily my local guitar center had 1 copy left, so I got it and now I'm very very poor, but very very happy. :lol:

I think the deal you got going with them is a good thing. It helps out us remixers by getting the cheapest prices, helps out the site bc of the commission, and it helps out zzsounds bc they get more customers.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm definately going to do this more often. i get everything though them because its so damn cheap! i've easily spend a solid 4000-5000$ there in the last several years, between software, hardware, and crap for my school who gives me money to order stuff. i'll have to make my bookmark the one that goes through OCR, not my normal one.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bad news... I wanted to order a MIDI/USB cable from them, but they only had a Hosa cable. I try my best to research products before I buy them, and not only was I not impressed with Hosa's website, the cable was PC only. Now I actually use a PC, but if I ever want to use a Mac I don't want to end up being screwed. They didn't seem to have any other MIDI to USB cables. So Im'ma get an M-Audio one from Sweetwater instead.

I nearly forgot to mention that I purchased my Echo Audiofire8 sound card from zzounds after checking out this thread. I was originally gonna make a purchase elsewhere, but the 30-day money back guarantee was a clincher for me, plus it's awesome helping out OCR. I felt confident about the transaction at the time and am now enjoying my gear today. rawk. \m/

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...