"I helped djpretzel!"

#22 The Pezman

The Pezman

Donkey Kong (+2600)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:16 PM

Bad news... I wanted to order a MIDI/USB cable from them, but they only had a Hosa cable. I try my best to research products before I buy them, and not only was I not impressed with Hosa's website, the cable was PC only. Now I actually use a PC, but if I ever want to use a Mac I don't want to end up being screwed. They didn't seem to have any other MIDI to USB cables. So Im'ma get an M-Audio one from Sweetwater instead.

#23 Hale-Bopp

Hale-Bopp

Abobo (+450)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 474 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:53 PM

I nearly forgot to mention that I purchased my Echo Audiofire8 sound card from zzounds after checking out this thread. I was originally gonna make a purchase elsewhere, but the 30-day money back guarantee was a clincher for me, plus it's awesome helping out OCR. I felt confident about the transaction at the time and am now enjoying my gear today. rawk. \m/

#24 kongsmoelf

kongsmoelf

Eggplant Wizard (+50)

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 02:05 PM

Sounds great:-o

unfortunately I live in Denmark, so the expenses of transport would be pretty big. And maybe a little risky, because the bought think could get damaged on so many ways. But otherwise I would defently do it and I think it's a good idea

-smoelfen:<
"Everything in music is a reflection of who we are in Creation" - Jeremy Soule

#25 Kidd Cabbage

Kidd Cabbage

Pac-Man (+500)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 529 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:43 AM

It just so happens that Zzounds has the new amp, keyboard, and interface that I plan on buying.

#26 The Pezman

The Pezman

Donkey Kong (+2600)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,613 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 03:27 AM

Just bought an M-audio wireless MIDI adapter for my keytar. The third piece of music tech I've ever bought (and I will sell the second - a wired MIDI to USB - as a result).

#27 MaCe

MaCe

Eggplant Wizard (+50)

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 28 July 2008 - 05:29 PM

As many of you are aware, OverClocked ReMix is now hosted on its own dedicated server, paid for by ads, donations, and t-shirt sales.

Zzounds.com has an affiliate program where OCR earns a commission if a sale is made when someone comes to their site from ours. They also happen to have competitive prices and fast shipping - I've ordered two Audiophile 2496s and a Roland mixer from them personally, as well as my Rode NT1a microphone.

If you can find a lower price elsewhere, they'll match it - they have a lowest price guarantee that they take pretty seriously.

jes, that sounds good, but do they ship in Europe?

#28 Blur

Blur

Octorok (+25)

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationProsser, WA. USA.

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:47 AM

Awesome, I was planning on buying the DFH Expansion pack to my EZDrummer software, and Zzounds.com does offer it at a pretty low price. Thanks for the heads up, and I'm glad that I can finally contribute something to OCR, =D.

-Blur

#29 Drack

Drack

Kirby (+1500)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 11 September 2008 - 05:49 PM

Over the past 2 months I've bought $650 worth of gear from zZounds using this link, specifically:
Echo Audiofire 4 audio interface
Behringer MS20 monitors (I know they're entry level, but they sound great anyway)
Shure SM57, with cable and stand
AKG K240 Headphones

Great store, free shipping, and help OCR? It's a no brainer.

#30 dfalkmusic

dfalkmusic

Chocobo (+20)

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Locationpittsburgh

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:33 AM

not long from now i'll be purchasing about $700 worth of equipment for my studio so.. yea haha
"To lead, you must first die in your mind. Let go of life, and embrace it."

#31 Cuda

Cuda

King Hippo (+15)

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:07 PM

I had my eye on ZZsounds for a Ibanez S7320, just because they are fair priced and I have to order online for a color other than black. Probably get some pickups for it too.
How important is this board?

#32 Harmony

Harmony

Strider Hiryu (+2100)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,112 posts
  • LocationCollege Park, Maryland

Posted 24 September 2009 - 08:37 PM

If you can find a lower price elsewhere, they'll match it - they have a lowest price guarantee that they take pretty seriously.

Just bought something from zZounds and I had a little trouble getting the affiliate link to work with their lowest price guarantee. Not sure if this was just me, but here's the short version of what happened and how to make sure OCR gets the commission if you're ever in this situation:

• Item A was $XXX + free shipping on zZounds.
  • Item A was $AWholeLotLess + free shipping on Amazon.
  • I did my "I'm gonna save a lot of money" happy dance.
  • I wanted to have zZounds price-match the Amazon price to save an additional whatever%. I called zZounds and they said they would do it but the affiliate commission wasn't gonna happen.
  • In order to give OCR the commission, you normally have to go through the OCR site to the zZounds site and buy from there. But if you do that, you can't price-match.
  • To have it work out:

• Go to zZounds through the OCR links.
  • Write down the 7-character priority code that is plastered all over every page at zZounds.
  • Search for the item you want to buy and price-match.
  • Add it to your cart. That's the important step.
  • Call 1-800-ZZOUNDS, give them your priority code and tell them what you want to do. They should be able to look up the OCR->zZounds->Item In Cart history and all should be well for the commission and the price-matching.
Hope that helps someone out there.

Stay thirsty my friends...thirsty for savings.
Posted Image
Artwork by a fan (whose name unfortunately escapes me) of "Dragon Song". Thank you!

#33 HyruleanTubist

HyruleanTubist

Glass Joe (+10)

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:34 PM

So all we have to do is use the link, say, at the top of this thread, and it works? Because I just ordered an Apogee Duet, and made sure I went through the OCR link, but it gives no confirmation on whether or not it works. Is there anyway to know, other than DJP looking at the list and seeing if it got ordered or not?

#34 big giant circles

big giant circles

Chrono (+3000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,750 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:38 PM

As long as you got to zzounds site through the affiliate link, yes, it should have worked. It redirects to their main site, and I don't believe it gives you a confirmation of any kind, but it tracks the link that directed you here, and that's how they give OCR the credit.

Also, thanks for helping out! Apogee makes great stuff, nice choice!
"The Glory Days" album is pre-released! (officially out 2/14/14) Click below!
Posted Image

#35 Drakken

Drakken

Goomba (+100)

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • LocationToms River, NJ

Posted 14 September 2011 - 09:15 PM

Just purchased my first ever studio monitors - KRK RP6G2 Rokit G2s - through zzounds for $400 (plus tax unfortunately, since I live in NJ). Super excited! Perfect timing too, since my right speaker just stopped working.

#36 Esperado

Esperado

JC Denton (+950)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationSt. Paul MN

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:45 AM

Im excited, I just bought a behringer umx 610, a shotgun mic for my camera, and an NS design WAV 4 violin . One step closer to the dream i guess!

To give the credit to OCR I just had to follow the link that was in the OCR store right ?

#37 Neblix

Neblix

Wario (+4000)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

Tax. :whatevaa:

gang%20sig.png
facebook | twitter | linkedin | website | soundcloud | code
impact soundworks developer | gossamer games audio director
current projects: Sole (iOS)

#38 SonicThHedgog

SonicThHedgog

Fire Mario (+1925)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

Just purchased my first ever studio monitors - KRK RP6G2 Rokit G2s - through zzounds for $400 (plus tax unfortunately, since I live in NJ). Super excited! Perfect timing too, since my right speaker just stopped working.

Those are good moniter, blast'em loud!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

games | mixes | artists | albums