Castlevania: Cacophony of Incarnation 2016

MindWanderer

16 minutes ago, OA said:

eh. im am not coming up with anything good and would rather not embarrass myself with a bad entry, so I will concede the title to Jorito.

Dude, you still have over 5 1/2 days left. Most of these tournaments only give you a week to begin with. I'm sure you could still think of something good. Put the sources on a playlist and listen to it while doing other things, maybe something will click. Happens to me all the time, even with VGM I've heard a hundred times.

3 hours ago, OA said:

eh. im am not coming up with anything good and would rather not embarrass myself with a bad entry, so I will concede the title to Jorito.

I also had serious trouble getting started (_way_ more than usual). Due to the nature and amount of sources I got lost and I found it hard to generate ideas. But once I had something basic to start with, it became easier and now I have something decent (mind, still not as good as I wished but hopefully enjoyable enough).

So I share your pain and hope you'll reconsider so we can have a final round where we both are not fully satisfied with our own tracks. We can't have Dracula roam free without a fight, eh? ;)

1 hour ago, OA said:

Simon and Dracula both limp into battle? Sounds funny. I have a lot of other stuff to get done deadlinewise, but I will make an effort to get something, as lame as it may sound to me.

I feel ya, because I'm in the same boat. I have 2 other deadlines on May 1st and a few other ones soon after that. It almost starts to feel like work in stead of a hobby ;) 

Well, I like the idea but I'd say what I have is already 80% on its way and with my other commitments I don't have a lot of time available to me. Sure, we could turn it into a collab track or so, but with the current deadline that might be tricky (not to mention that I asked Tuberz McGee to record some parts for me and have to check that too).

So I'm not opposed to the idea but have to keep the stuff above in mind. Also curious about MindWanderer's thoughts, since he's the organiser :)

45 minutes ago, Jorito said:

Well, I like the idea but I'd say what I have is already 80% on its way and with my other commitments I don't have a lot of time available to me. Sure, we could turn it into a collab track or so, but with the current deadline that might be tricky (not to mention that I asked Tuberz McGee to record some parts for me and have to check that too).

So I'm not opposed to the idea but have to keep the stuff above in mind. Also curious about MindWanderer's thoughts, since he's the organiser :)

If you're that close to being done, it seems like it would be silly to rethink it so much at this point.

Another option, if you both agree, is for OA to collaborate with another one of the fallen, at least to get some ideas and get out of the writer's block.  Chernabogue expressed interest in continuing to participate but hasn't spoken up recently.  Gario and Wildfire are the runner-ups in the Dracula bracket, although they've expressed at best disinterest in continuing.  War Machine might be intrigued, given the circumstances.

I'm fine with any option where both OA and me get to do something in this final round. It'd be a shame if this last round ends up with only one of us being able to do something. Collabing on what I have and turn it into an epic final track works for me, OA collabing with someone else, I wouldn't even mind helping OA out of his block. Whatever works to make this an interesting final.

So... back to OA I guess :)